- PV Sindhu Enters Quarter-final of Hong Kong Open Super Series
- Padmavati cleared for Dec 1 release in Britain, SC allows advocate to file fresh plea
- Bharti family pledges Rs 7000 crore towards philanthropy
- Indian Navy gets its first woman pilot, 3 women NAI officers
- Colonel arrested for raping Lt- Colonel's daughter in Shimla
- Pradyuman murder case: Ashok was beaten, tortured and sedated to force his confession, claims wife
- Election Commission grants 'two leaves' symbol to unified AIADMK
Zee Classic celebrates the 73rd birthday of the superstar Amitabh Bachchan on 11th October
Mumbai: Zee Classic, adhering to its core proposition ‘Woh Zamaana Kare Deewana’ is all set to entertain its audiences once again. As Mr. Bachchan turns 73, the channel is all geared up to showcase an array of his famous movies throughout Sunday on ‘Amitabh B’Day Spl’ celebrating the birthday of the legendary ‘Amitabh Bachchan’. Part of the celebration is the box office hit from 1983 ‘Coolie’ on Sunday, 11th October at 9 PM only on Zee Classic. Boasting of iconic dialogues, steller performances and chart bursting music, Coolie is an action drama that topped the charts during the 1980s.
Packed with powerful performances from a magnificent cast including Amitabh Bachchan, Rishi Kapoor, Waheeda Rehman, Rati Agnihotri, Kadar Khan and directed by Manmohan Desai, Coolie is the one of the most memorable films of Indian cinema. The film revolves around Salma (Waheeda Rehman) who loses her son, Iqbal (Amitabh Bachchan) and her memory in a severe flood. A wealthy, but evil man named Zafar (Kadar Khan) cunningly marries Salma and adopts another son Sunny (Rishi Kapoor). Iqbal grows up to become the leader of porters (Coolies) and forms a close friendship with Sunny. When Iqbal sees his mother’s picture with Sunny, he rushes to Salma’s house to meet her, only to find out that she has lost her memory. And thus begins the epic battle between Iqbal and Zafar.
Will Iqbal be able to reconnect with his mother?
Coolie became famous even before its release due to the fatal accident Amitabh Bachchan had during the shoot of an action sequence at University Campus in Bangalore. Even today, when this fight scene is aired, the screen freezes to a chilling message narrating the whole incident.