- Post merger of HITS-Cable TV biz, IMCL’s FY17 net loss swells to Rs 206 crore
- RIL Surges 4% After Telecom Regulator Slashes Interconnect Charges
- Mumbai Rains: 34 domestic flights cancelled till 12 pm today, main runway remains shut
- Tata Sons buys big chunk of shares in group firms
- Swine flu: 42 positive case in Mohali
- HIV blood transfusion probe: High-level team gives clean chit to Regional Cancer Centre
- Flipkart, Amazon in Rs100 crore ad blitz
- Politicians may have helped Iqbal Kaskar net 100 crore in 3 years
- Mobile bills to go down as Trai cuts call termination charges to 6 p/min
Zee Classic airs the debut movie of Anupam Kher – Saaransh!
Mumbai: Zee Classic, adhering to its core proposition ‘Woh Zamaana Kare Deewana’ is all set to take its audiences down the memory lane with New Wave Cinema Director’s Special – Saaransh on Friday, October 16th at 6 PM. Debutant Anupam Kher was only 28 during the release of the movie, but his performance as the 60-plus retired headmaster BV Pradhan bagged him the Filmfare Award for Best Actor.
India’s official entry for the 1985 Oscars in the Best Foreign Language Film category, Saaransh is a story of an elderly Maharashtrian couple grappling with the death of their only son in a mugging incident in New York. Mahesh Bhatt strikes the masterstroke with the characters of Pradhan and Parvati as they undergo feelings of bereavement, helplessness, resolve and hope which are brought out beautifully by Anupam Kher and Rohini Hattangadi.
Unable to digest the fact that their child has been killed, former headmaster B.V. Pradhan (Anupam Kher) and his wife, Parvati (Rohini Hattangadi) are devastated. With their son dead, and no income coming in, they rent out a room in their apartment to a budding Bollywood actress, Sujata Suman (Soni Razdan), who has been having an illicit affair with Vilas (Madan Jain), the only son of a politician named Gajanan Chitre. Vilas intends to marry her but is terrified of his father. Pradhan offers to take Sujata to meet Gajanan with the hope that he will permit her to become his daughter-in-law. Gajanan not only refuses, but also threatens them.
Will Pradhan be able to unite Sujata and Vilas?