- PV Sindhu Enters Quarter-final of Hong Kong Open Super Series
- Padmavati cleared for Dec 1 release in Britain, SC allows advocate to file fresh plea
- Bharti family pledges Rs 7000 crore towards philanthropy
- Indian Navy gets its first woman pilot, 3 women NAI officers
- Colonel arrested for raping Lt- Colonel's daughter in Shimla
- Pradyuman murder case: Ashok was beaten, tortured and sedated to force his confession, claims wife
- Election Commission grants 'two leaves' symbol to unified AIADMK
YouTube star Arjun signed by T-Series
MUMBAI: After consistently releasing hit remixes and mash ups of Bollywood songs over the past 2 years, UK-based artist / producer Arjun Coomaraswamy has caught the attention of India’s leading music company, T-Series. As pioneers in the digital space, the company saw a synergy with the young Asian artist, whose videos have racked nearly 30 million views on YouTube, with many of the stand out tracks being remixes of songs owned by T-Series themselves, including Tum Hi Ho, Teri Meri and Chammak Challo.
Neeraj Kalyan, President of T-Series commented “T-Series has always believed in developing and nurturing new talent and has played a pivotal role in giving to our industry some of the well known Singers of the last two decades. The paradigm shift in the way the music is consumed or promoted now a days with major focus being digital medium, Arjun’s style of music will certainly appeal to the young audiences globally who are the biggest music consumers online. We are planning to release both his Hindi remix album and R&B/Pop album this year with extensive promotions.”
Arjun’s blend of eastern and western sounds have made him a big hit with Asian youth across the globe and a prominent figure in the UK Asian music scene. After winning ‘Best Urban Act’ at the Asian Music Awards in 2012, the past 18 months have seen him perform all over the world, sing songs for South Indian movies and collaborate with renowned international talent. The nature of his career is reflective of the new age we live in, harnessing the power of social media to build an army of fans who have supported him all the way.
With a major market share of all contemporary music released in India, T-Series has a strong foothold in the industry, and their mainstream marketing power and digital nous coupled with Arjun’s knack for seamlessly fusing eastern and western sounds will no doubt prove a powerful combination!