- Post merger of HITS-Cable TV biz, IMCL’s FY17 net loss swells to Rs 206 crore
- RIL Surges 4% After Telecom Regulator Slashes Interconnect Charges
- Mumbai Rains: 34 domestic flights cancelled till 12 pm today, main runway remains shut
- Tata Sons buys big chunk of shares in group firms
- Swine flu: 42 positive case in Mohali
- HIV blood transfusion probe: High-level team gives clean chit to Regional Cancer Centre
- Flipkart, Amazon in Rs100 crore ad blitz
- Politicians may have helped Iqbal Kaskar net 100 crore in 3 years
- Mobile bills to go down as Trai cuts call termination charges to 6 p/min
Yeh Vaada Raha to take a 8 year leap!
Mumbai: TV’s recently launched primetime drama Yeh Vaada Raha, which explores a unique bond between two young souls – Kartik and Survi who, on the face of it, have very little in common, is now set to take a leap of eight years. Amidst major twists and turns the show will introduce new characters in its plot.
While Ankush Arora will continue to play Kartik, popular actor Sonal Vengurlekar will play the role of the older Survi (earlier played by Roshni Walia). To look the part of a relatively more mature Kartik, Ankush will be seen sporting glasses and slicked back, gelled hair. On being roped in as the older Survi, Sonal Vengurlekar shared, “This is a very interesting story and I’m very excited to be a part of the show and play the part of Survi. The character now takes on several new facets as Survi is now a more grown-up and mature girl. It’s a nice warm family on the sets, and I am trying my best to play the character convincingly. Hope the audiences like me as Survi.”
Ankush added, “ I will now be playing a man in his early 30’s and the character is more mature and balanced . I’m excited about the new look that I will be sporting. Also, in terms of performance, it will be much more difficult as I will be playing a character ten years older than my actual age. However, I am looking forward to the challenge and hope the audience like me in this new avatar”
The show post leap will see Survi and her father Shrikant settled separately – hidden from Kartik’s gaze. Survi now stays with her dad in a chawl and is training to be a nurse. Meanwhile, Kartik will be seen as a bitter man, with dwindled faith in love and friendship having lost a dear friend in Survi.
So here is wishing Sonal Vengurlekar good luck with her new stint as Survi and we can’t wait for Ankush to play a mature version of the lovable Kartik!