- Delhi: Worker dies after inhaling toxic gases while cleaning sewer inside hospital premises
- Bihar floods: Toll rises to 253, more than a crore people are now homeless
- Key accused in Rs 700-crore Bihar fund transfer scam dies in Bhagalpur hospital
- War won't give China any clear gain, only cause casualties, assesses govt
- Saudi carrier says Qatar has not approved hajj flights
- Three Kashmiri youth arrested for disrespecting National Anthem
- 2008 Malegaon Blast Case: Supreme Court Verdict On Lt Col Purohit's Bail Today
Yashpal takes up reading the Bhagwad Gita
Mumbai: Always a non-believer, the actor turns spiritual after working on Neeli Chhatri Wale
Yashpal Sharma’s portrayal of the harried, hassled common man in Zee TV’s Neeli Chhatri Waale, took the audience by surprise. Known for playing a baddie in most of his Bollywood movies, Yashpal’s role in the show is in stark contrast to all that he has done in the past. Playing Bhagwan Das in the show, Yashpal is seen as the middle class man who stumbles upon Lord Shivaye (played by Himanshu Soni) one day and has conversations with him at various crossroads in life.
Playing a man who meets God in the show, Yashpal finds himself getting in touch with his spiritual side lately. Having tried to complete the Shrimad Bhagwad Gita almost thrice before starting the shoot of the show, Yashpal had never been successful so far. However, inspired by his character, Yashpal took up the challenge of completing it this time and is now seen carrying the book along with him to the sets. Every day at the shoot, the man is seen dedicating all his free time to reading The Bhagwad Gita.
Pledging to complete the book this time around, Yashpal said, “Inspired by my role and the whole aspect of meeting God in the show, I have started to read the Bhagwad Gita three days ago. I have tried several times in the past to complete the book, however, each time I would have to stop midway due to other commitments. However, this time around, I have promised myself, that I will complete it in one go and hence I carry a copy with me to the sets and read it in the green room.”
Talking about his belief in the almighty, Yashpal said, “I don’t believe in religion in particular, but believe in one superpower and feel the presence of a strong energy around me all the time. The show also sends out a strong message of listening to one’s inner voice.”
Do not miss, Neeli Chhatri Waale, Every Saturday and Sunday at 8 PM, Only on Zee TV!