- JD(U) under Nitish decides to become part of NDA, denies split in party
- Customs arrests Air India cabin crew for smuggling ganja
- Government, RBI in talks to shore up PSU bank capital
- Bihar flood toll mounts to 153, 17 districts affected
- IndiGo cancels 84 flights over engine issues
- Trai gets tough on call drops; slaps penalty of upto Rs 10 lakh
- Yogi Adityanath targets 'Yuvraj' Rahul Gandhi: 'Will not permit Gorakhpur to become picnic spot'
- Shivraj to lead BJP in 2018 election: Amit Shah
Witness the world’s first gender transition in the TV premiere of The Danish Girl on Sony Le PLEX HD
MUMBAI: What is it like to stand out from the crowd? What is it like to come to terms with your sexuality? What is it like to undergo the first sex reassignment surgery? Get on an intense and engaging journey that explores the subject of gender change with Le Premiere of The Year The Danish Girl on Sony Le PLEX HD on March 26, 2017 at 1PM and 9PM.
Based on the 2000 fictional novel of the same name, which was written by renowned American writer and editor, David Ebershoff, the film is based on the true story of the Danish painter, Einar Wegener, as he explores his sexual identity despite the strong societal stigma. It also explores the strong bond he shared with his wife Gerda Wegener who supported him through every step.
The married couple live in an apartment painted by the great Danish artist Vilhelm Hammershøi. One fine morning, Gerda urges her husband to fill in for a life model for her portrait of a dancer. Lili laughingly pulls on a pair of tights and gets into a dainty pair of ballet slippers for his wife and that becomes the turning point in his life.
The film grossed $64.2 million worldwide against a budget of $15 million. The movie received positive reviews from critics, particularly for the acting and sensitive handling of a difficult subject matter.