- Hathway’s cable TV and broadband capex to be Rs 270 cr in FY18
- Cut in interconnect charge may boost RIL's EPS by 8%
- Package soon to boost economy; no cuts in fuel rates: Arun Jaitley
- Global child bride racket busted in Hyderabad, 20 arrested
- Tracked so far: Rs 75 crore in Dera bank accounts
- Violence in Tripura: Journalist hacked to death, sec 144 imposed
Witness the world’s first gender transition in the TV premiere of The Danish Girl on Sony Le PLEX HD
MUMBAI: What is it like to stand out from the crowd? What is it like to come to terms with your sexuality? What is it like to undergo the first sex reassignment surgery? Get on an intense and engaging journey that explores the subject of gender change with Le Premiere of The Year The Danish Girl on Sony Le PLEX HD on March 26, 2017 at 1PM and 9PM.
Based on the 2000 fictional novel of the same name, which was written by renowned American writer and editor, David Ebershoff, the film is based on the true story of the Danish painter, Einar Wegener, as he explores his sexual identity despite the strong societal stigma. It also explores the strong bond he shared with his wife Gerda Wegener who supported him through every step.
The married couple live in an apartment painted by the great Danish artist Vilhelm Hammershøi. One fine morning, Gerda urges her husband to fill in for a life model for her portrait of a dancer. Lili laughingly pulls on a pair of tights and gets into a dainty pair of ballet slippers for his wife and that becomes the turning point in his life.
The film grossed $64.2 million worldwide against a budget of $15 million. The movie received positive reviews from critics, particularly for the acting and sensitive handling of a difficult subject matter.