- McDonald’s to shut down 169 outlets in India
- Triple talaq violates rights of Muslim women: SC
- WhatsApp Coloured Text Status Now Rolling Out to Android and iPhone
- Airtel to launch its own Rs 2500 4G smartphone before Diwali
- Sasikala uses 'barricaded corridor' in jail premises as private space, claims former DIG Roopa
- Police verification for passport to go online within a year
- 'Routine run' kills second IMA cadet in 2 days; 5 in hospital
- MLAs supporting TTV Dinakaran meet Governor, demand Palaniswami's removal
Two worlds collide in a remarkable true story of love and family
National, January 22nd 2015 – This January do not miss a heart touching story written and directed by John Lee Hancock, called The Blind Side to air on India’s exclusive destination for love and laughter – Romedy NOW on 24th January 2015 at 9PM. Premiering on the channel as the Romedy of the Month.
The Blind Side is a tale of Michael ‘Big Mike’ Oher (Quinton Aaron) who was abandoned at a young age and left to wander the streets with only a plastic bag of his most treasured possessions; as he longed for a sense of familiarity and kinship. The film follows Oher from his impoverished upbringing and the many trials and tribulations he faces throughout his childhood.
Leah Anne Tuohy (Sandra Bullock) is a wealthy, strong-minded Southern woman who upon seeing Michael Oher staggering along an empty Memphis Street, shivering from the cold, takes him under her wing. From their very first encounter, Leigh Anne recognizes Michael’s true potential and looks to him as one of her own. Leigh Anne’s motherly instincts and unabashed personality comforts Michael, who was separated from his drug-addicted mother at the mere age of seven.
Watch this new bond between Michael and the Tuohy’s lives unfold enlightening self-discoveries of their own. The Blind Side is an incredible tale of friendship and family, and the close bond shared between a mother and her son.
Sandra Bullock was also praised for her steadfast performance in the 2009 motion picture, and went on to win both an Academy Award and Golden Globe for Best Actress.