- JD(U) under Nitish decides to become part of NDA, denies split in party
- Customs arrests Air India cabin crew for smuggling ganja
- Government, RBI in talks to shore up PSU bank capital
- Bihar flood toll mounts to 153, 17 districts affected
- IndiGo cancels 84 flights over engine issues
- Trai gets tough on call drops; slaps penalty of upto Rs 10 lakh
- Yogi Adityanath targets 'Yuvraj' Rahul Gandhi: 'Will not permit Gorakhpur to become picnic spot'
- Shivraj to lead BJP in 2018 election: Amit Shah
TO THE NEW Digital Organized Tech-a-Thon
MUMBAI: TO THE NEW Digital recently organized Tech-a-Thon, a programing event with an aim to evangelize community of programmers and hackers. The two-day event was co-sponsored by Aarvee Idealabs (LoudShout) and ShopClues.
Tech-a-Thon witnessed participation of 10 teams who developed applications from scratch on different technology platforms including Grails, Node.js, MongoDB and Android. The competing teams worked continuously for 48-hours to get their dream applications live.
The winning team was from TO THE NEW Digital who created an interactive chat application, named PING which had features like messaging, video chat and video conferencing.
The winners were judged by a panel of industry experts like Sanjay Sethi, CEO & Co-Founder – ShopClues.com, Deepak Mittal, CEO – TO THE NEW Digital and Amitabh Misra, CTO – Architect Ecommerce & Ex CTO Snapdeal.
The event also had different workshops and sessions on niche technologies given by industry experts like Ankush Sharma, Director of Engineering – Adobe, Vivek Goyal, Developer Solutions Architect – Microsoft and Vangapelli Santhosh Kumar, Founder & CTO – B2B Startup.
Speaking about the event, Deepak Mittal, CEO, TO THE NEW Digital said, “We are really proud to co-sponsor Tech-a-Thon. This is a great initiative to enlighten this exciting ecosystem and bring together the tech community in order to explore new opportunities. This not only brings out news ideas but also some promote entrepreneurship.”
The event was organized at TO THE NEW Digital’s Noida office and witnessed more than 60 technology enthusiasts from various companies and technology institutes.