- India’s top 5 OTT services saw 100% growth in monthly user base in H1 2017
- 'Peepli Live' Co-Director Mahmood Farooqui Acquitted In Rape Case
- BHU Molestation: Police Allegedly Thrash Female Students Demanding A Safe Campus
- US Supreme Court has option to duck Trump's travel ban ruling
- Karti closed many foreign accounts, shifted money: CBI
- PV Sindhu Nominated For Padma Bhushan By Sports Ministry
- Assets Worth 1.16 Crores Linked To Karti Chidambaram Are Seized
The Prestigious title of Indian Idol 9 goes to LV Revanth!
MUMBAI: India waited with bated breath when the 3 finalists – LV Revanth, Khuda Baksh and PVNS Rohit took center stage to perform for one last time for their fans across the world. The top 3 finalists came with their best and it was a bitter sweet moment, as each one sang from their hearts as they fought for the coveted title. Khudha Baksh, performed Ki Banu Duniya Da, which was his audition song and which got him his entry into Indian Idol 9. Revanth pulled all the stops with his highly energetic performance of “Ude Dil Befikre” and Rohit mesmerized the audiences with his soulful “Ayat”. The final performances portrayed their growth over the season as each stood the test of Andaz, Riyaz and Awaz and rightly proved their place in the top 3.
The finale of Indian Idol 9 had something for one and all not only a singing extravaganza but a laugh out loud entertaining act by Sunil Grover as the funny Dr. Mashoor Gulati. The Finale was an entertainment fest, which culminated with the announcement India has been waiting for. LV Revanth from Hyderabad was announced the winner of Indian Idol 9 amidst much fanfare, it was a proud moment for all, judges Farah Khan, Sonu Nigam and Anu Malik were ecstatic and wished the winner all the best.
Needless to say, LV Revanth was beyond excited with the win and said, “I cannot ask for anything better than this. Winning the title of Indian Idol is the best thing that happened to me. The journey right from day 1 on sets till today has been filled with joy, anxiety, fun, nervousness, friendship and much more. I am thankful to the judges for guiding me throughout the season so that I could perform better each time. I would want to thank Sony Entertainment Television for giving me the platform where the nation could see and hear my talent”.