- iCubesWire floats $3 mn fund for digital startups
- CRPF, Northern Rails launch cleanliness drive at station
- Reliance Jio 4G speeds rise by 50 per cent as free data offers end: OpenSignal
- Hyderabad man accused of burning wife to death for not getting an MBBS seat
- FIR against Honeypreet, police steps up search operations
- Dawood's brother Iqbal Kaskar arrested in extortion case
- Manmohan Singh Says Demonetisation and GST Double Whammy For Economy
The first and the last time Manoj Kumar got aggressive…
MUMBAI: In the episode eight of its third season of Classic Legends , veteran lyricist Javed Akhtar will take us through the life of celebrated actor and director Manoj Kumar who has given the Indian film industry several brilliant movies that people swear by even today. Manoj Kumar is perhaps the only artiste who has dedicated his entire career in making films for his country.
Born in Abbottabad (now in Pakistan), Manoj Kumar’s family moved to Delhi following India-Pakistan partition. Due to unavailability of doctors and nurses at the refugee camp, Manoj Kumar’s new born baby brother passed away and there was nothing anybody could do. Manoj Kumar , who was between the age of 12-14 at that time, was so agitated because of this that he began hitting doctors, nurses and anybody who came in front of him. This had upset his father to a great extend who then took a promise from Manoj that he will never in his life use violence to express his emotions no matter what the situation demands.
Manoj Kumar has till date kept the promise that he made to his father several years ago. This reflects in his life work through the scripts he wrote, movies he directed and roles he essayed. Manoj Kumar has been a true role model owing to the unique genre of films he created and which he continues to rule till date.
Stay tuned to Zee Classic to catch the latest episode of Classic Legends as Javed Akhtar takes the viewers down the memory lane into the life of legendary Manoj Kumar on Sunday, December 21 at 8:00 PM!