- '84 riots: SC forms body to examine SIT decision to close 199 cases
- China Uses Chequebook Diplomacy To Sideline India In Nepal
- NDRF rescues 28000, including 6 pregnant women, from floods
- Rahul Gandhi launches Indira Canteen project in Bengaluru
- Just by fulfilling its commitment to SC, Trai can bring down mobile call rates by half
- Google to Pay Apple $3 Billion to Remain Default iOS Device Search Engine
- Daniel Craig confirmed as 007 in upcoming James Bond film Bond 25
The first and the last time Manoj Kumar got aggressive…
MUMBAI: In the episode eight of its third season of Classic Legends , veteran lyricist Javed Akhtar will take us through the life of celebrated actor and director Manoj Kumar who has given the Indian film industry several brilliant movies that people swear by even today. Manoj Kumar is perhaps the only artiste who has dedicated his entire career in making films for his country.
Born in Abbottabad (now in Pakistan), Manoj Kumar’s family moved to Delhi following India-Pakistan partition. Due to unavailability of doctors and nurses at the refugee camp, Manoj Kumar’s new born baby brother passed away and there was nothing anybody could do. Manoj Kumar , who was between the age of 12-14 at that time, was so agitated because of this that he began hitting doctors, nurses and anybody who came in front of him. This had upset his father to a great extend who then took a promise from Manoj that he will never in his life use violence to express his emotions no matter what the situation demands.
Manoj Kumar has till date kept the promise that he made to his father several years ago. This reflects in his life work through the scripts he wrote, movies he directed and roles he essayed. Manoj Kumar has been a true role model owing to the unique genre of films he created and which he continues to rule till date.
Stay tuned to Zee Classic to catch the latest episode of Classic Legends as Javed Akhtar takes the viewers down the memory lane into the life of legendary Manoj Kumar on Sunday, December 21 at 8:00 PM!