- JD(U) under Nitish decides to become part of NDA, denies split in party
- Customs arrests Air India cabin crew for smuggling ganja
- Government, RBI in talks to shore up PSU bank capital
- Bihar flood toll mounts to 153, 17 districts affected
- IndiGo cancels 84 flights over engine issues
- Trai gets tough on call drops; slaps penalty of upto Rs 10 lakh
- Yogi Adityanath targets 'Yuvraj' Rahul Gandhi: 'Will not permit Gorakhpur to become picnic spot'
- Shivraj to lead BJP in 2018 election: Amit Shah
The dazzling romance between Shammi Kapoor and Saira Banu in ‘Junglee’
Mumbai: Who can forget the effervescent Shammi Kapoor sliding down the snowy hill in Kashmir with the beautiful Saira Banu and singing excitedly, ‘Yahoooo Chahe Koi Mujhe Junglee Kahe’? India’s only classic movie channel, Zee Classic, driven with its core proposition ‘Woh Zamaana Kare Deewana’ is all set to bring alive those memorable moments with the telecast of superhit movie ‘Junglee’ on Sunday, August 23rd at 9 PM.
A light hearted comedy directed by Subodh Mukherji, Junglee is known for its melodious music. With compositions like ‘Ehsaan Tera Hoga Mujhpar’, ‘Ayaya Karume Kya Suku Suku’, the legendary music director duo Shankar-Jaikishan delivered a memorable soundtrack.
Shekhar (Shammi Kapoor), a very serious young man returns from abroad to take over his family business. His strict mother (Lalita Pawar) intends Shekhar to marry a princess (Azra) to whom he was betrothed as a boy. Meanwhile, his sister Mala (Shashikala) a lively girl is secretly married to their manager’s son, Jeevan (Anoop Kumar). Things change when their mother finds out about Mala’s indiscretions, and asks Shekhar to take her away from their home, to distant and scenic Kashmir, for a while. In Kashmir, Shekhar encounters a beautiful girl Rajkumari (Saira Banu) and as destiny would have it, he falls head over heels in love with this young girl from a modest family, apparently mistaken for a royalty.