- Fashion TV working on India linear, SVOD launch by 2018-end
- Baggage tow tractor rams into Air India plane at IGI
- Reliance says Jio to turn profitable 'shortly'
- Presence of outsider in Talwars' flat cannot be ruled out: HC on Aarushi case
- Gauri Lankesh murder: Suspects' sketches released but SIT has nothing else
The best of Jeetendra in ‘Parichay’ on 19 SEPT@2 PM on Zee Classic
Mumbai: Adhering to its core proposition ‘Woh Zamaana Kare Deewana’, Zee Classic is all set to take its audience for a trip down memory lane with Gulzar’s beautiful narrative and evergreen superstar Jeetendra’s subtle yet powerful acting in Parichay on Saturday, 19th September at 2 PM.
Known as the Jumping Jack of Bollywood, Jeetendra mesmerized audiences with his nuanced performance as a catalyst Ravi who brings in the change of heart between a strict disciplinarian grandfather and his equally hot headed grandchildren.
Parichay is based on the Bengali novel ‘Rangeen Uttarain’ and also draws inspiration from the evergreen ‘The Sound of Music’. Ravi (Jeetendra) a young city dweller is in desperate need of a job. Leaving the city he heads to the village of his maternal uncle and aunt, played by A.K. Hangal and Leela Mishra. An appointment is set up with the retired colonel Rai Sahab (Pran). A stickler for discipline Rai Sahab is in desperate need to hire a tutor for his uncouth, stubborn grandchildren led by Rama (Jaya Bhaduri).
In an attempt to humanize these brats Ravi discovers a lot more about the children and their estrange grandfather.