- McDonald’s to shut down 169 outlets in India
- Triple talaq violates rights of Muslim women: SC
- WhatsApp Coloured Text Status Now Rolling Out to Android and iPhone
- Airtel to launch its own Rs 2500 4G smartphone before Diwali
- Sasikala uses 'barricaded corridor' in jail premises as private space, claims former DIG Roopa
- Police verification for passport to go online within a year
- 'Routine run' kills second IMA cadet in 2 days; 5 in hospital
- MLAs supporting TTV Dinakaran meet Governor, demand Palaniswami's removal
The best of Jeetendra in ‘Parichay’ on 19 SEPT@2 PM on Zee Classic
Mumbai: Adhering to its core proposition ‘Woh Zamaana Kare Deewana’, Zee Classic is all set to take its audience for a trip down memory lane with Gulzar’s beautiful narrative and evergreen superstar Jeetendra’s subtle yet powerful acting in Parichay on Saturday, 19th September at 2 PM.
Known as the Jumping Jack of Bollywood, Jeetendra mesmerized audiences with his nuanced performance as a catalyst Ravi who brings in the change of heart between a strict disciplinarian grandfather and his equally hot headed grandchildren.
Parichay is based on the Bengali novel ‘Rangeen Uttarain’ and also draws inspiration from the evergreen ‘The Sound of Music’. Ravi (Jeetendra) a young city dweller is in desperate need of a job. Leaving the city he heads to the village of his maternal uncle and aunt, played by A.K. Hangal and Leela Mishra. An appointment is set up with the retired colonel Rai Sahab (Pran). A stickler for discipline Rai Sahab is in desperate need to hire a tutor for his uncouth, stubborn grandchildren led by Rama (Jaya Bhaduri).
In an attempt to humanize these brats Ravi discovers a lot more about the children and their estrange grandfather.