- Fashion TV working on India linear, SVOD launch by 2018-end
- Baggage tow tractor rams into Air India plane at IGI
- Reliance says Jio to turn profitable 'shortly'
- Presence of outsider in Talwars' flat cannot be ruled out: HC on Aarushi case
- Gauri Lankesh murder: Suspects' sketches released but SIT has nothing else
Taking Bengali Music Heritage to the Next Generation
MUMBAI: The music of West Bengal is enriched with multiple genres and styles and Rabindra Sangeet along with Nazrul Geet have always been in the forefront of this cultural phenomenon.
Rabindra Sangeet, which is defined by the songs of Rabindranath Tagore, is an integral part of every household in West Bengal since time immemorial. Nazrul Geet, which is based on the songs by Kazi Nazrul are popular and hold a great significance in influencing the divisive Bengali culture.
Saregama, India’s flagship music label of RP-Sanjiv Goenka Group owns the largest music archives in India and one of the biggest globally. The total number of Rabindra Sangeet and Nazrul Geet in the archives are 16000+, for the first time Saregama has skillfully digitized 7864 of Rabindra Sangeet and 1612 of Nazrul Geet which are now are available exclusively on www.saregama.com in MP3 and uncompressed WAV formats for purchase and download.
Anyone who enjoys Rabindra Sangeet and Nazrul Geet or just wants to discover these great forms of music will be pleasantly surprised with what we have in store for them on www.saregama.com