- Delhi: Worker dies after inhaling toxic gases while cleaning sewer inside hospital premises
- Bihar floods: Toll rises to 253, more than a crore people are now homeless
- Key accused in Rs 700-crore Bihar fund transfer scam dies in Bhagalpur hospital
- War won't give China any clear gain, only cause casualties, assesses govt
- Saudi carrier says Qatar has not approved hajj flights
- Three Kashmiri youth arrested for disrespecting National Anthem
- 2008 Malegaon Blast Case: Supreme Court Verdict On Lt Col Purohit's Bail Today
“SWARG”- News18 India’s special documentary on the truth behind the involvement of School students in stone pelting in Kashmir
MUMBAI: After Jannat, an award winning documentary that brought to light different aspects of Kashmir’s on-ground reality, News18 India brings to you one more documentary on the situation in Kashmir and the truth behind how youngsters in the state are being forced to support and participate in stone pelting.
News18 India visited various regions of Kashmir and spoke to students indulging in stone pelting and tried to capture their story and points of view. The youth of the state opened up and disclosed how Hurriyat leaders are giving money to students to do this. Young school children shared heart wrenching stories of how their seniors take money and force other students to take part in stone pelting. The children also revealed that those who refuse to join them are harassed and even face physical assault.
Not only parents of the young students but even the DGP of the state confirmed that this is happening. In fact the police has received many such complaints corroborating the facts uncovered by the channel. News18 India also spoke to those in the security forces who have been injured during clashes between the stone pelters including school children and the forces stationed in Kashmir.
Watch ‘Swarg’ at 8.30 PM on 24th June and 10 PM on 25th June only on News18 India