- Rajasthan govt's criminal laws ordinance challenged in HC
- Flipkart in talks with Swiggy, UrbanClap and UrbanLadder for buyouts
- UGC decision may reduce SC/ST, OBC faculty posts
- Supreme Court asks government to consider regulating playing of National Anthem
- Asthana's appointment destroying CBI's independence: Prashant Bhushan
- Bilkis Bano case: SC asks Gujarat to apprise it on departmental action against convicted policemen
SureWaves presents ‘Loud & Clear’: A unique celebration for Women’s Day
MUMBAI: International Women’s Day (8th of March) across the world signifies and recognises economic, political and social achievements of women. In the current scenario, this day has become increasingly relevant in a fast changing society like India.
SureWaves MediaTech, a media convergence pioneer, today announced the launch of a unique concert property ‘Loud & Clear’, to mark the occasion of International Women’s Day. The concert, wherein three of the four participating bands are all-women bands from the North East, will be held in Shillong on 28nd February 2015. The concert aims at celebrating womanhood and will see a line-up of bands which features representation of multiple regions of the North East. The participating bands include:
- Tetseo Sisters – a quartet of sisters from Nagaland
- Minute of Decay – an all-women band from Manipur which specializes in Classic Rock and Indie folk music.
- The Vinyl Records – an all-women band from Arunachal Pradesh
- Soulmate – a popular blues rock band from Shillong
‘Loud & Clear’ is backed by the deep insight that culturally all-women bands have come to signify social achievement, empowerment and independence of not one woman but of a group. They spread a key message of women empowerment through music, which has long proven to be the most effective tool to connect with the masses. ‘Loud & Clear’ will be telecast on the vast number of channels under the SureWaves Spot TV Network in the North East region on a prime time slot on Women’s Day, the 8th of March 2015. The Presenting Sponsor of the event is New Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition. The event is powered by ‘Lakme – Clean Up’ with Vodafone being the Telecom Partner. The event is supported By Meghalaya State Women Commission.
Commenting on the this initiative, Mr. Mandar Patwardhan, Chief Operating Officer of SureWaves said, “We have always endeavored to build unique campaigns and properties on our network of cable and regional satellite channels as high impact opportunities for our clients to be associated with. We believe a music concert featuring all-women bands in North East is a great celebration marking the occasion of Women’s Day. North East is an example for the country, having taken big strides in women empowerment. Also, music being an integral part of the culture in North East, I feel this concert is an excellent platform for brands to engage with the audiences in this region and lend their voice to the powerful message of women empowerment.”
Commenting on this initiative,Smti. Theilin Phanbuh, Chairperson, Meghalaya State Commission for Women, “Though Meghalaya is a matrilineal society, women here still have to struggle to claim their rights and they face different kind of violation both in the private and public space. Music is considered to be the best medium to reach out to young people. I am hopeful that through this music concert, we will be able to spread the message of rights, equality, non-discrimination and respect for women and girls”.