- Post merger of HITS-Cable TV biz, IMCL’s FY17 net loss swells to Rs 206 crore
- RIL Surges 4% After Telecom Regulator Slashes Interconnect Charges
- Mumbai Rains: 34 domestic flights cancelled till 12 pm today, main runway remains shut
- Tata Sons buys big chunk of shares in group firms
- Package soon to boost economy; no cuts in fuel rates: Arun Jaitley
- Global child bride racket busted in Hyderabad, 20 arrested
- Tracked so far: Rs 75 crore in Dera bank accounts
- Violence in Tripura: Journalist hacked to death, sec 144 imposed
- Pakistani PM Shahid Khaqan Abbasi seeks implementation of UNSC resolution on Kashmir
Star Sports bags 3 Golds & 4 Silvers at the 14th edition of PromaxBDA Awards 2017
MUMBAI: India’s leading sports broadcaster, Star Sports, emerged a strong winner at the PromaxBDA Awards 2017, with a rich tally of seven honors. PromaxBDA Awards recognizes excellence in on-air promotion, branding and advertising by media organizations, marketing agencies and technology providers.
#CrossTheLine, a popular campaign for Women’s Kabaddi Challenge, that inspired women to challenge societal boundaries, won a Gold in the Best Copywriting category. Star Sports won another Gold for its campaign for the 2016 Rio Olympics in the Best On-Air Programme Campaign category, which recognizes multiple on-air promo campaigns for a single television programme.
Rufus, the famed hawk that stands guard at Wimbledon, was a big winner, bagging a Gold for Best Sports Promo and a Silver for Best CG Animation, for his intriguing story captured in Star Sports’ Wimbledon-Rufus campaign.
A Star India spokesperson said, “We are proud to win 7 prestigious accolades at the PromaxBDA Awards 2017. Star Sports understands the pulse of the audiences and conceptualizes marketing campaigns that resonate with them. This recognition will continue to inspire us in our endeavor to achieve excellence in marketing and advertising. We would also like to congratulate the other winners for their outstanding work.”
Star Sports picked up a Silver award for its Pro Kabaddi League 4 Newsroom campaign, under the Funniest Spot category. The Best Directing Silver was bagged by the Premier League Season Opener campaign launched at the beginning of the Premier League season, last year. Star Sports also won a silver for its Wimbledon-Queen campaign, in a new category – Best Work Never Seen – which recognizes promotional material that was produced but never aired.
Earlier this year, Star Sports was honored with 2 Golds at the DIGIXX Awards 2017, for excellence in digital marketing and advertising.
|1||Gold||Best Sports Promo||Wimbledon – Rufus|
|2||Gold||Best On-Air Programme Campaign||Rio Olympics 2016 Campaign|
|3||Gold||Best Copywriting||Women’s Kabbadi Challenge|
|4||Silver||Best CG Animation||Wimbledon – Rufus|
|5||Silver||Best Direction||Premier League Season Opener|
|6||Silver||Funniest Spot||Pro Kabbadi League 4 Newsroom|
|7||Silver||Best Work Never Seen||Wimbledon – Queen|