- McDonald’s to shut down 169 outlets in India
- Triple talaq violates rights of Muslim women: SC
- WhatsApp Coloured Text Status Now Rolling Out to Android and iPhone
- Airtel to launch its own Rs 2500 4G smartphone before Diwali
- Sasikala uses 'barricaded corridor' in jail premises as private space, claims former DIG Roopa
- Police verification for passport to go online within a year
- 'Routine run' kills second IMA cadet in 2 days; 5 in hospital
- MLAs supporting TTV Dinakaran meet Governor, demand Palaniswami's removal
STAR Plus uses Periscope to reach out to viewers on Twitter!
Mumbai: Last week, Twitter users following STAR Plus were in for a treat! For the first time ever, the Hindi General Entertainment channel drove conversations on Twitter, by making use of Periscope – a live video streaming platform.
In a first of its kind, STAR Plus used the technology to promote the finalist of Nach Baliye 7 and also to popularize the title track ‘Mere Nishan’ of recently launched fiction show ‘Badtameez Dil.’
In the week leading up to the grand finale of the dance reality show, Nach Baliye 7, all the finalist jodis of the show engaged in a conversation on Periscope. They answered questions from the fans live and promoted their respective voting numbers.
In a bid to promote launch of the show, ‘Badtameez Dil’, Star Plus used the Periscope tool to ask users their favourite lines from the title track, Mere Nishan. To cap off a new experience, the popular singer Darshan sang those particular lines live for them on Periscope.
“By using Periscope in such interactive and real time manner, Star Plus has shown they truly understand the potential of the live streaming platform. We believe that such partners will help us also expand the possibilities. We would really like to appreciate the foresight behind including Periscope in two popular shows like Nach Baliye and Badtameez Dil, and we hope to see many such engagements which truly enhance the experience for the viewers”, added Twitter India representative.
STAR Plus has always taken lead in creatively engaging with its fans and followers on the digital platform be it with the use of Twitter’s Flock to Unlock tool for Satyamev Jayate promo, or use of Periscope for real time interaction with the audience, the channel has constantly set newer trends in the social media space.