- India’s top 5 OTT services saw 100% growth in monthly user base in H1 2017
- 'Peepli Live' Co-Director Mahmood Farooqui Acquitted In Rape Case
- BHU Molestation: Police Allegedly Thrash Female Students Demanding A Safe Campus
- US Supreme Court has option to duck Trump's travel ban ruling
- Karti closed many foreign accounts, shifted money: CBI
- PV Sindhu Nominated For Padma Bhushan By Sports Ministry
- Assets Worth 1.16 Crores Linked To Karti Chidambaram Are Seized
Star Movies sets a new benchmark with its Leadership
This 15th August, freedom of ‘tweets’ set a new standard in social media marketing for television movie premieres. No surprise then that this achievement was spearheaded by the Star Movies team. When the occasion is as spectacular as the premier of The Wolverine, the campaign needs to be equally path breaking, if not more. That’s exactly what the Star Movies twitter campaign achieved with hashtags IAmWolverine and WolverineOnStarMovies.
Star Movies emerged as a numero uno English movie channel, leading with 119 TVT’s- the highest TVT ratings this month. (TAM All India 1 Mn+, CS 15+ AB, 9 pm Premieres). Surpassing tough competition from Hollywood premieres of other English movie channels, the channel garnered a relative share of 24% not only retaining the No. 1 position in the category but also leaving the competition far away with a huge gap. (TAM All India 1 Mn+, CS 15+ AB, Wk 33 2014)
A one-of-a-kind Twitter engagement that complimented the spirit of freedom on Independence Day by eliminating the need to compete, Star Movies proudly proclaimed – every tweet wins. The twitterati lapped up the opportunity to own some exclusive Wolverine merchandise and proclaim their love for the movie with the one channel that has always re-invented Hollywood – Star Movies. Furthermore the #IAmWolverine contest challenged viewers with a quiz on the movie in which lucky winners stood to win The Wolverine Claw.
Twitter reported an outstanding 47 million impressions with the hastags trending at no. 1 nationally. Riveting hashtags like the Modi Speech and Independence Day, could not suppress the love of Wolverine fans and Star Movies followers as they trended to the top during different parts of the day.