- Delhi govt to launch campaign to control rising number of cases of dengue, malaria
- Jio woes: Airtel Q1 net profit tanks 75% to Rs 367 cr
- Sahara case: Supreme Court asks Subrata Roy to deposit Rs 1500 crore by September 7
- RBI stops printing Rs 2000 notes; Rs 200 note may hit market next month
- Jethmalani quits as Kejriwal's counsel, seeks Rs 2 crore fee
- Crackdown On Kashmiri Separatist Widens, Shabir Shah Also Arrested
- Mumbai building collapse: 17 killed; Shiv Sena leader, who wanted to make hotel on ground floor, arrested
- Floods wreak havoc in Gujarat, Rajasthan; Narendra Modi inspects home state as Assam recovers
Star English Network shows bag 50 key nominations at the 69th Primetime Emmy Awards
Mumbai: If there was any question that we’re living in a golden age of television, 2017 answered it. From dystopian fantasies like Westworld to breakout hits like This Is Us and perennial favorites like Veep, this year’s television shows made us laugh, cry and apprehensively sit at the edge of our couches.
The best of this year’s shows were declared yesterday as the nominations for the biggest and most coveted international television awards were announced. In its 69th year, the Primetime Emmy awards recognizes the best TV series and are touted as the ‘Oscars of Television’. 8000 entries from across the past 12 months were reviewed by the academy and the top contenders across categories emerged with Westworld, This Is Us, Feud: Bette and Joan, Veep, Big Little Lies and several more.
The Star English Entertainment network too has reason to celebrate as the maximum nominations have been bagged by the shows broadcast across its channels. With a staggering 50 Emmy nominations across key categories it goes to prove that Star indeed is home to the most popular and critically acclaimed international shows.
The 69th Primetime Emmy Award ceremony itself will be simulcast LIVE exclusively on Star World, Star World HD and Star World Premiere HD at 5:30 AM on 18th September with a primetime repeat at 8:00 PM.
Furthermore, one of the most loved, witty and curious talk show hosts on television – Stephen Colbert of The Late Show with Stephen Colbert fame will host the Emmy Awards this year, certain to make television viewing a delightful and hilarious affair.
Here is the list of shows that air on Star World and Star World Premiere who have received nominations in the key categories announced today