- McDonald’s to shut down 169 outlets in India
- Triple talaq violates rights of Muslim women: SC
- WhatsApp Coloured Text Status Now Rolling Out to Android and iPhone
- Airtel to launch its own Rs 2500 4G smartphone before Diwali
- Sasikala uses 'barricaded corridor' in jail premises as private space, claims former DIG Roopa
- Police verification for passport to go online within a year
- 'Routine run' kills second IMA cadet in 2 days; 5 in hospital
- MLAs supporting TTV Dinakaran meet Governor, demand Palaniswami's removal
Special Programming- This March, CNN-News18 celebrates Womanhood with ‘March on Woman’
New Delhi: To honor the indomitable spirit of women all over the world, 8th March is celebrated as International Women’s Day. As we embark upon this day, CNN-News18 presents a special 3 episode series called ‘March on Women!’ to pay a tribute to womanhood. With this series, the channel undertakes a journey to take stock of where we stand as a country today when it comes to women’s issues.
Are terms like gender sensitisation and equal opportunity mere catch phrases? Does all the political rhetoric and popular protest change anything on the ground? Are things different or status quo remains? The series will try to answer several pertinent questions like these amongst others. The series will also feature guests from different fields to discuss many forms of discrimination faced by women in society and address issues of opportunity for women and the barriers they still need to break.
In the first episode, Kangana Ranaut, National Award winning actress, speaks to Entertainment Editor, Rajeev Masand on what it means to be a female in India and how she is trying to break the norm. In this special interview, Kangana, who is known for breaking the glass ceiling in Bollywood, also talks about the Hrithik controversy, her take on relationships & marriage and on how she has no plans of working with the Khans.