- Tata Group To End All Business Dealings With Cyrus Mistry's Family Firms
- GJM supremo discharged in Madan Tamang murder case
- Trinamool Congress leading in municipal polls
- CoA tells Supreme Court: Sack BCCI's top three office-bearers
- Chandigarh: 10-year-old rape survivor denied abortion by Supreme Court gives birth to a girl
- Gujarat police officers Amin and Barot quit
- After controversy, DD denies blacking out Tripura CM, says speech was aired
- Sierra Leone mourns 100 children among dead in massive flooding
Sony Music Punjab bags 5 awards at the Punjabi Music Awards 2014!
Mumbai: Music industry giant Sony Music India continues to outshine in the Punjabi music space by bagging 5 awards at the recently held PTC Punjabi Music Awards 2014. Last year saw Sony Music Punjab delivered some amazing foot-tapping and melodious tracks that got the entire nation humming to its tunes. Personalities from the field of Punjabi Music including singers, Music Directors, Video Directors, Vocalists and lyricists were awarded in several categories in this prestigious award function.
Punjabi pop sensation Diljit Dosanjh’s Proper Patola feat Badshah triumphed with 3 awards under the categories; Best Video, Most Popular Song of the Year and Best Vocalist Male. Prince of Bhangra singer Jazzy B won the award for the Best NRI artist while Navraj Hans/Gurmit Singh won the Best Duet award for their song Saiyaan.
Says Sanujeet Bhujabal, Marketing Director, Sony Music India said, “We are extremely excited on the awards and are proud to be associated with artists like Diljit, Jazzy B, Badshah, Navraj Hans, Gurmit Singh, …….. who are now like family to us. Our single point vision for the Punjabi music market was to engage with the Talent directly and have a long term perspective to the markets growth and this approach has helped in our efforts to achieve this feat. We are extremely happy with the response we have received so far from the Talent fraternity and the Fans in this market. We hope to achieve more this year as our line-up is extremely exciting and in tune with what is liked by todays audience.’’ Since the past six years, PTC Punjabi Music Awards that are both a celebration and a felicitation to the versatility and vibrancy of Punjabi Music genre has stood witness to the evolution of the Punjabi Music Industry.
Punjabi music has huge potential with followers not only in India but internationally as well. Sony Music India’s entry into this market reinforces its commitment to expand in the regional music business