- Post merger of HITS-Cable TV biz, IMCL’s FY17 net loss swells to Rs 206 crore
- RIL Surges 4% After Telecom Regulator Slashes Interconnect Charges
- Mumbai Rains: 34 domestic flights cancelled till 12 pm today, main runway remains shut
- Tata Sons buys big chunk of shares in group firms
- Swine flu: 42 positive case in Mohali
- HIV blood transfusion probe: High-level team gives clean chit to Regional Cancer Centre
- Flipkart, Amazon in Rs100 crore ad blitz
- Politicians may have helped Iqbal Kaskar net 100 crore in 3 years
- Mobile bills to go down as Trai cuts call termination charges to 6 p/min
Sony Music Dominates Gima 2016!
MUMBAI: Global music giant, Sony Music won huge accolades at the recently held GIMA 2016. From artists to songs, the label dominated the award function this year. GERUA, the most romantic song of 2015 won the BEST FILM SONG and MOST POPULAR SONG ON RADIO category. While another gem Ami Misra who composed HASI from Hamari Adhuri Kahani won BEST DEBUT COMPOSER.
Promoting pop and indie music has been a focus for the label over the years and in 2016 all the artists signed on to the label were on stage accepting different awards across categories. Global icon and super star rapper, composer and producer BADSHAH won the PATH BREAKING ARTIST OF THE YEAR. All his songs from last year were party starters and this year the release of Kar Gayi Chull and Lets Nacho from Kapoor and Sons, makes him the most sought after artist!
India’s Heartthrob the suave Arjun Kanungo has everything going for him, from his debonair looks, his demeanor and personality, Arjun has won the hearts of millions. Accepting the award for the BEST POP DEBUT, Arjun had the fans screaming! His new single Fursat has been the talk of the town with Arjun’s soulful voice and a video that promises to make you cry!
That’s not all rapper, composer and the new face of hip-hop in India, Divine won BEST ELECTRONICA SINGLE for his song Junle Raja. DIVINE was in the limelight recently for his new single Jungli Sher that was a viral phenomena and witnessed a worldwide video debut on Apple Music, a very first for an Indian artist.
Adds, Rohan Jha, Lead Sony Music Pop, “It’s a huge hononor for us to win across categories for all our artists and Bollywood music. These are exciting times and this is just the beginning, we have lots in store for the coming years.”