- McDonald’s to shut down 169 outlets in India
- Triple talaq violates rights of Muslim women: SC
- WhatsApp Coloured Text Status Now Rolling Out to Android and iPhone
- Airtel to launch its own Rs 2500 4G smartphone before Diwali
- Sasikala uses 'barricaded corridor' in jail premises as private space, claims former DIG Roopa
- Police verification for passport to go online within a year
- 'Routine run' kills second IMA cadet in 2 days; 5 in hospital
- MLAs supporting TTV Dinakaran meet Governor, demand Palaniswami's removal
Sony MAX 2 celebrates the magic of evergreen Indian films
MUMBAI: MAX 2, the second Hindi movie channel launched by Multi Screen Media (MSM), brings alive the magic of great Indian cinema through showcasing iconic films that have an eternal appeal. With a differentiated brand positioning of ‘Jab dekho tab naya’, the channel brings evergreen films to its viewers that are fresh and enjoyable to watch.
With a rich selection of plots, dialogues, characters and music, the channel hand picks films for its viewers that will never cease to delight. Moreover, MAX 2 seeks to establish an emotional connect with viewers through an appreciation & understanding of great Indian cinema. The objective of the channel is to not only cater to the needs of millions of Indian audiences who appreciate rich Indian cinema but also to inspire newer audiences to recognize and admire what went into creating such magnificent cinema.
On the programming front, a fresh spin has been given to the movie wrap around programming called ‘TAKE 2’. Detailed research has been put into gather authentic and never heard before movie trivia to make it relevant and appealing across generations. This short format programming will also draw a parallel between these iconic films and current consumer trends to make it appealing to the younger movie audience. ‘SITAARE’, another short format interstitial will be presented as mini biographies. Featuring superstars of Indian Cinema these interstitial will take the viewers through an unseen, unknown and magical journey of their life. These will be presented in motion comic’s style making it contemporary, unique, visually appealing and relatable to the current generation of movie lovers.
Neeraj Vyas, EVP & Business Head, SONY MAX said, “MAX 2 has been conceptualized as a contemporary place for great Indian cinema. We believe no matter what day and age, great stories, legends and music has eternal appeal. MAX 2 attempts to give that due pedestal to great Indian cinema”.