- Tata Group To End All Business Dealings With Cyrus Mistry's Family Firms
- GJM supremo discharged in Madan Tamang murder case
- Trinamool Congress leading in municipal polls
- CoA tells Supreme Court: Sack BCCI's top three office-bearers
- Chandigarh: 10-year-old rape survivor denied abortion by Supreme Court gives birth to a girl
- Gujarat police officers Amin and Barot quit
- After controversy, DD denies blacking out Tripura CM, says speech was aired
- Sierra Leone mourns 100 children among dead in massive flooding
SITI Cable Gears Up for World Yoga Day
MUMBAI: SITI Cable Network Limited, an Essel Group Company plans to celebrate the International Day of Yoga on the 21st of June by organizing Yoga sessions, concurrently at various venues all across India involving 1500 Employees, 9000 Business Partners and reaching out to 40 million viewers.
The previous year, Honorable Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi, addressed the United Nations General Assembly to get this day recognized as the International Day of Yoga. Acknowledging the effects of Yoga on an individual, he says one needs to make changes to contemporary lifestyle by making Yoga a way of life. He says “Yoga embodies unity of mind and body; thought and action; restraint and fulfillment; harmony between man and nature.” He adds, “Yoga is an invaluable gift of our ancient tradition.
It is not about exercise but to discover the sense of oneness with yourself, the world and the nature.” SITI Cable Network Limited with an aim to ‘Embrace a Healthier Lifestyle’ has scheduled Yoga sessions by professionals on the International Day of Yoga in 70+ cities across India, with major events taking place in 25 cities. Speaking on the importance of Yoga, Mr. V.D. Wadhwa, Executive Director and CEO, SITI Cable, says, “Our fundamental nature is usually overshadowed by the activity of the mind, and Yoga keeps the mind peaceful. It is a way of freedom and by practicing it continually we can free ourselves from distress and anxiety. It promotes spiritual, mental and physical wellbeing, and should be practiced by all.”
The World Yoga Day celebrations will be covered by SITI’s 100+ local Channels across 130+ Cities. SITI Cable Network Limited aims to promote and support the noble initiative taken by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi by creating social awareness about this age old practice amongst its stakeholders; employees, business partners and subscribers.