- JD(U) under Nitish decides to become part of NDA, denies split in party
- Customs arrests Air India cabin crew for smuggling ganja
- Government, RBI in talks to shore up PSU bank capital
- Bihar flood toll mounts to 153, 17 districts affected
- IndiGo cancels 84 flights over engine issues
- Trai gets tough on call drops; slaps penalty of upto Rs 10 lakh
- Yogi Adityanath targets 'Yuvraj' Rahul Gandhi: 'Will not permit Gorakhpur to become picnic spot'
- Shivraj to lead BJP in 2018 election: Amit Shah
Shahrukh Khan with Director Maneesh Sharma and makeup artist, Greg Cannom
Mumbai: Shahrukh Khan, the man unarguably with one of the greatest fan following globally, will now play the role of being the biggest fan himself in the forthcoming YRF movie, FAN. The film begins shooting July 2014 and the actor has begun work on the film.
The renowned special effects makeup maestro, Greg Cannom, who started work on developing Shahrukh’s look for the film, spent considerable time at the Studio recently with the actor, Director, Maneesh Sharma and Producer, Aditya Chopra.
Greg, who really doesn’t need an introduction, has been nominated for nine Academy Awards and has won an Oscar three times for the memorable looks he created in “The Curious Case of Benjamin Button” (2008), “Mrs. Doubtfire” (1993) and “Dracula” (1992), apart from several other prestigious awards. In 2005, along with Wesley Wofford, he received a Technical Achievement Award from the Academy for the development of special modified silicone material used for makeup applications in motion pictures.
Speaking about the look, Maneesh said, “We are attempting a never-seen before look for Shahrukh which will be both challenging for us and exciting for the viewer. Understandably, this will be kept under wraps till the first look of the film is revealed.”
Directed by Maneesh Sharma and produced by Aditya Chopra, FAN has been written by Habib Faisal, and goes on floor mid-2014.