- India-focused OTT production entity Golden Karavan launched
- Woman alleges gang rape by two men in SUV
- Film producer Karim Morani surrenders in rape case
- Ryan school murder case: CBI team reaches school, starts probe
- Karti closed many foreign accounts, shifted money: CBI
- Pakistan shells border posts, hamlets in J&K; BSF jawans among 7 injured
- Sushma Swaraj raises issue of terrorism, H1-B with US Secretary of State
Shahrukh Khan with Director Maneesh Sharma and makeup artist, Greg Cannom
Mumbai: Shahrukh Khan, the man unarguably with one of the greatest fan following globally, will now play the role of being the biggest fan himself in the forthcoming YRF movie, FAN. The film begins shooting July 2014 and the actor has begun work on the film.
The renowned special effects makeup maestro, Greg Cannom, who started work on developing Shahrukh’s look for the film, spent considerable time at the Studio recently with the actor, Director, Maneesh Sharma and Producer, Aditya Chopra.
Greg, who really doesn’t need an introduction, has been nominated for nine Academy Awards and has won an Oscar three times for the memorable looks he created in “The Curious Case of Benjamin Button” (2008), “Mrs. Doubtfire” (1993) and “Dracula” (1992), apart from several other prestigious awards. In 2005, along with Wesley Wofford, he received a Technical Achievement Award from the Academy for the development of special modified silicone material used for makeup applications in motion pictures.
Speaking about the look, Maneesh said, “We are attempting a never-seen before look for Shahrukh which will be both challenging for us and exciting for the viewer. Understandably, this will be kept under wraps till the first look of the film is revealed.”
Directed by Maneesh Sharma and produced by Aditya Chopra, FAN has been written by Habib Faisal, and goes on floor mid-2014.