- China Says Area Where Road Being Built Does Not Belong To Bhutan, India
- TMC not to attend GST roll-out programme: Mamata
- Byculla jail inmate death: Court permits Indrani Mukerjea to lodge complaint as she alleges sexual assault threat
- Mob thrashes man, suspected of slaughtering cow
- 62 per cent votes cast in second phase of local polls in Nepal
- RIL refinances $2.3 billion loans to cut interest cost
- Mallya paves way for F1 team to be a force without India
- 7th Pay Commission: Modi Cabinet approves revision in HRA rates, other allowances
Romedy NOW’s #ThanksButNoThanks Women’s Day campaign created a storm on the internet
MUMBAI: With a message to celebrate the spirit of womanhood every day instead of patronizing women on just one day, Romedy NOW voiced the opinion of today’s women by saying Thanks, But No Thanks on Women’s Day. The channel shot a montage of different women from diverse walks of life come together to express themselves through a beautiful video. The campaign created such a storm on the internet that within hours of the campaign launch, it was trending on all digital platforms like Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
It went on to become such a rage on social media that even celebrities joined the campaign on social media. Stars like Sunny Leone, Singer Shaan, Huma Qureshi, Vijender Singh, Jackky Bhagnani, Elli Avram and Anusha Dandekar tweeted, retweeted and started conversation on International Women’s Day in support of Romedy NOW’s campaign – Thanks, But No Thanks! The campaign also steered up a lot of brand interactions on social media from brands like Amul India, Uber and NGOs like Nanhi Kali.
The campaign received an overwhelming response with over 25 million impressions across Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. The number of video views on Youtube, Facebook and Twitter crossed 3.2 million views and the engagement rate on Facebook went up to 5%. All of this was achieved in a day! The hashtag #ThanksButNoThanks was witnessed 3000 interactions on Twitter, while the video trended on Youtube for over 24 hours.
Apart from showcasing content that is engaging and entertaining, the channel is also successful in delivering such path breaking campaigns.