- McDonald’s to shut down 169 outlets in India
- Triple talaq violates rights of Muslim women: SC
- WhatsApp Coloured Text Status Now Rolling Out to Android and iPhone
- Airtel to launch its own Rs 2500 4G smartphone before Diwali
- Sasikala uses 'barricaded corridor' in jail premises as private space, claims former DIG Roopa
- Police verification for passport to go online within a year
- 'Routine run' kills second IMA cadet in 2 days; 5 in hospital
- MLAs supporting TTV Dinakaran meet Governor, demand Palaniswami's removal
Romantic cult classic Baat Ban Jaaye!
MUMBAI: In 1980s where commercial Hindi cinema was thriving with popular heroes saving damsels in distress, there existed a world of parallel cinema portraying the stories of a common man. These stories were real, honest and hilarious at times. This was also the emergence of powerful performers and one man that stood out with remarkable success in the era of ‘New Wave Cinema’ is Amol Palekar.
Zee Classic with its core proposition of ‘Woh Zamaana, Kare Deewana’ brings a comic caper ‘Baat Ban Jaye’ on Friday 26th June at 6 PM. The film boasts of outstanding cast including the everyman’s hero’ Amol Palekar along with effortless Utpal Dutt. The film also stars Zeenat Aman, Sanjeev Kumar, Mithun Chakraborty and Aruna Irani in pivotal roles.
Produced and directed by Bharat Rangachary, ‘Baat Ban Jaye’ is a hilarious tale of a wealthy uncle (Utpal Dutt) trying to find a suitable match for his niece Nisha (Zeenat Aman). Nisha is smart, witty and extremely intelligent who successfully runs her own business. Like any other girl she dreams of marrying a man but here lies a catch, she only wants to marry a poor and honest man! During the matchmaking escapades Nisha meets various suitors before settling for one, but is he what he appears to be?