- India-focused OTT production entity Golden Karavan launched
- Woman alleges gang rape by two men in SUV
- Film producer Karim Morani surrenders in rape case
- Ryan school murder case: CBI team reaches school, starts probe
- Karti closed many foreign accounts, shifted money: CBI
- Pakistan shells border posts, hamlets in J&K; BSF jawans among 7 injured
- Sushma Swaraj raises issue of terrorism, H1-B with US Secretary of State
Riding on the success of Ganga, The Soul of India, viewership of Living Foodz up by 36%
MUMBAI: India’s premium lifestyle channel, Living Foodz, has garnered the top spot in the lifestyle genre with a remarkable 36% increase in viewership according to this week’s BARC ratings. With this rise, Living Foodz occupies a 50% market share in the food and lifestyle genre, followed by Fox Life at 18%. The channel’s reach has also increased by 5% in contrast to a decline in reach of most of the competing channels in the genre. The increase in viewership is primarily due to the 31% surge in TSV (Time Spent Viewing) to 20.3 mins, leaving behind TLC at 17.5 mins.
The channel, which launched in September 2015 has witnessed a steady rise in popularity owing to its novel and premium, yet relevant programming. Living Foodz has sustained the leadership position in the lifestyle genre week on week. Ganga, The Soul of India is the channel’s flagship show and marks an important milestone for it. The show, which began airing on Sunday, May 1, has received widespread acclaim for its unique and engaging content, which has families hooked to their televisions.
The upcoming episodes of Ganga, The Soul of India will showcase Dia Mirza’s escapades as she explores the culture, history and cuisines offered along the banks of India’s longest and most revered river. The show, which falls at the cusp of travel, food and lifestyle, airs every Sunday at 12 noon on Living Foodz. Repeat telecast of the episodes will air every Sunday at 7:00 p.m.