- India’s top 5 OTT services saw 100% growth in monthly user base in H1 2017
- 'Peepli Live' Co-Director Mahmood Farooqui Acquitted In Rape Case
- BHU Molestation: Police Allegedly Thrash Female Students Demanding A Safe Campus
- US Supreme Court has option to duck Trump's travel ban ruling
- Karti closed many foreign accounts, shifted money: CBI
- PV Sindhu Nominated For Padma Bhushan By Sports Ministry
- Assets Worth 1.16 Crores Linked To Karti Chidambaram Are Seized
#RebuildingChennai: An Initiative by CNN-IBN with SEEDS India and Bitgiving to raise funds for Chennai victims
MUMBAI: After witnessing its worst deluge in 100 years, the city of Chennai is on the road of recovery. As people pick up the pieces to rebuild their lives, CNN-IBN in partnership with SEEDS India and Bitgiving urges people to lend a helping hand to the city. The channel is still standing with Chennai and dedicating 5 hours of non-stop programming to build the city again by urging to raise funds to provide Translation Shelters for the vulnerable 1500 families residing in slums and coastal belts across the districts of Chennai, Cuddalore and Villupuram. The aim is to build at least 1500 such homes for the survivors.
In a unique tribute to the people of Chennai who battled the flood waters and opened their hearts and homes, CNN-IBN has also created a soul-stirring anthem featuring prominent singers like Benny Dayal, Chinmayi Sripada, Vasudha Sharma and Vishal Dadlani with lyrics by Irshad Kamil and composed by Luke Kenny. Eminent personalities and superstars like Farhan Akhtar, Varun Dhawan, Suriya, Anil Kumble, chess grandmaster Vishwanathan Anand, RJ Balaji, Dr. Prathap Reddy, have also come forward supporting the unique campaign by CNN-IBN.
The anthem will be launched during the Telethon on CNN-IBN and www.ibnlive.com. In a way, the channel inspires the viewers to come forward and donate for the #RebuildingChennai campaign. On Christmas eve, as the world celebrates the spirit of giving, tune in to #RebuildingChennai Telethon on 24th Dec from 5 pm onwards on CNN-IBN and make a generous contribution*to help rehabilitate the displaced natives.