- India’s top 5 OTT services saw 100% growth in monthly user base in H1 2017
- 'Peepli Live' Co-Director Mahmood Farooqui Acquitted In Rape Case
- BHU Molestation: Police Allegedly Thrash Female Students Demanding A Safe Campus
- US Supreme Court has option to duck Trump's travel ban ruling
- Karti closed many foreign accounts, shifted money: CBI
- PV Sindhu Nominated For Padma Bhushan By Sports Ministry
- Assets Worth 1.16 Crores Linked To Karti Chidambaram Are Seized
“Priyanka is a one-take artist”, says Ranveer Singh on being paired opposite his costar for the film ‘Gunday’
Mumbai: MAX, the premium Hindi movies and special events channel brings you the fast paced action thriller, ‘Gunday,’ at 1 pm on Sunday, 17th August with a repeat telecast on Saturday, 23rd August at 8 pm.
In his latest directorial venture, Ali Abbas Zafar has brought together Ranveer Singh, Arjun Kapoor, Priyanka Chopra and Irrfan Khan to create a power house of a crime thriller. Packed with action, emotions, friendship, drama and some terrific performances, the film is a must watch for viewers at home.
Set against the backdrop of the partition of Bangladesh from India in the 1970s, Gunday tracks the story of two Bangladeshi refugees Bikram (Ranveer Singh) and Bala (Arjun Kapoor) who arrive in Kolkata to escape the paedophilic industry. From stealing coal from trains as children to becoming the biggest coal mafia in Calcutta, they turn into the quintessential ‘Gunday’ who undertake a lot of charity work on the side.
On finding filming in the fish market a challenge, Priyanka Chopra says, “The fish market really distracted me. Such a bad smell! I thought I would throw up after every five minutes. It was a distraction as there’s nothing you can do about your olfactory senses. It was horrible.”
On being paired opposite his costar Priyanka Chopra for the first time, Ranveer Singh says, “She is actor-friendly, director-friendly, and producer-friendly. She makes everyone’s task easier by tapping-in her experience. She is a one-take artist.”
Tune-in to watch the action-drama-cum-romance ‘Gunday’ that premieres at 1pm on Sunday, 17th and at 8 pm on Saturday 23rdAugust only on Sony MAX