- Rajasthan govt's criminal laws ordinance challenged in HC
- Flipkart in talks with Swiggy, UrbanClap and UrbanLadder for buyouts
- UGC decision may reduce SC/ST, OBC faculty posts
- Supreme Court asks government to consider regulating playing of National Anthem
- Asthana's appointment destroying CBI's independence: Prashant Bhushan
- Bilkis Bano case: SC asks Gujarat to apprise it on departmental action against convicted policemen
Premier League Live comes to Mumbai
MUMBAI: The Premier League will host a live event in Mumbai for 2,000 local fans on the weekend of 4 and 5 March 2017. The immersive experience – Premier League Live Mumbai – will inform, educate, and entertain Premier League fans in partnership with broadcaster Star Sports and Premier League partners TAG Heuer and Topps.
Fans will be guided through an interactive tour including 360-degree virtual reality, a Star Sports photographic experience, and a mock-dressing room with the shirts of all 20 Premier League clubs. There will also be an opportunity for fans to have their photo taken with the Premier League Trophy. All-time Premier League top goal-scorer and Premier League Champion Alan Shearer will be in attendance to open the event on the morning of Saturday 4 March before conducting one-on-one media interviews at the launch event.
Premier League Live is part of League’s ongoing commitment to fans in India, and to the development of football in the country, both at grassroots and the elite level. Having led numerous Premier Skills projects in India since the programme’s inception in 2007, the Premier League has worked with the British Council to develop the skills of more than 500 coaches and referees while reaching over 72,000 young people in the country.
This event will be the first piece of activation the Premier League conducts with Momentum Worldwide, with the two organisations having recently signed a three-year agreement with the global brand experience agency. The Premier League and Momentum will work together to engage fans in several countries in the coming seasons.
The event took place at the High Street Phoenix Mall, preferred venue partner.
Richard Scudamore, Executive Chairman of the Premier League, said:
“We are very excited about coming to India to deliver Premier League Live Mumbai – a fun and interactive event that will provide local fans with a fantastic opportunity to get closer to the competition in a fun and interactive way. This would not be possible without the support of our dedicated broadcast partner, Star Sports.
“The interest in football in India continues to grow apace and we are committed to supporting that through delivering events for fans, and working with the ISL, AIFF and local football organisations at all levels of the sport.”
Mr Sanjay Gupta, Managing Director at Star India, said:
“As the exclusive broadcaster for Premier league (PL) in India, we are very excited to partner with them in bringing the Premier League Live event to Mumbai. The event would provide a one-of-a-kind VR experience for the PL fans to get closer to their favourite football clubs, players as well as the trophy.
The deep affinity that fans have for the Premier League has always been a source of encouragement. This, alongside the mass following that Indian Super League now has, augurs well for Indian football.”
Notes to Editors
Premier League Live Fan Park Event, Mumbai, December 2014
• Hosted our large-scale fan park event Premier League Live in Mumbai in December 2014. First-ever time the event has run in Asia – and it revealed the scale of appetite for the Premier League.
• 32,000 people attended the free weekend event, watching Premier League games live on a giant screen, meeting former players like Peter Schmeichel and Robbie Fowler, pictures with the Premier League trophy and visiting various Premier League club fan activations set up at the venue, which was held in the BKC district of Mumbai.