- Post merger of HITS-Cable TV biz, IMCL’s FY17 net loss swells to Rs 206 crore
- RIL Surges 4% After Telecom Regulator Slashes Interconnect Charges
- Mumbai Rains: 34 domestic flights cancelled till 12 pm today, main runway remains shut
- Tata Sons buys big chunk of shares in group firms
- Swine flu: 42 positive case in Mohali
- HIV blood transfusion probe: High-level team gives clean chit to Regional Cancer Centre
- Flipkart, Amazon in Rs100 crore ad blitz
- Politicians may have helped Iqbal Kaskar net 100 crore in 3 years
- Mobile bills to go down as Trai cuts call termination charges to 6 p/min
Pays tribute to the maestro Hrishikesh Mukherjee on his 93rd birth anniversary with ‘Abhimaan’ on Friday, 02nd October
Mumbai: “He knew how to say the simplest of the stories in the most exciting and attractive manner.” Posted Amitabh Bachchan on his famous blog about legendary filmmaker Hrishikesh Mukherjee. On his 93rd birth anniversary, Zee Classic, adhering to its core proposition ‘Woh Zamaana Kare Deewana’ is presenting to its audiences the sensitive and pragmatic film ‘Abhimaan’ on Friday, 02nd October at 6 PM.
As part of the ongoing series ‘New Wave Cinema- Director’s Special’ the channel is featuring this multi-faceted personality recognized for his skills as an editor, writer, director and producer during his illustrious career. Hrishida as famously known to the world is unquestionably one of the greatest directors that the Indian film industry has ever seen. He has redefined Hindi Cinema with his evergreen films such as Millie, Chupke Chupke, Anand, Khoobsurat and many more.
Abhimaan possibly one of the best film from the 70’s starred Amitabh Bachchan and Jaya Bachchan in leading roles. Subir (Amitabh Bachchan), the reigning star of the music industry, falls in love with the simple and supremely talented Uma (Jaya Bhaduri) and marries her. While flourishing in his career, Subir persuades Uma to take up the offers from prominent music composers. With her soaring popularity, her family life takes a toll when Subir expresses his insecurities.
Apart from the story and brilliant performances by the actors, the movie is also well known for its melodious songs composed and arranged by the renowned S. D. Burman.