- MIB integrates three media units under newly created BOC
- Republic TV, BTVI in strategic content alliance for Union Budget 2018
- Oyeeee Media gets board approval to partner Balaji, Essel Vision
- TV Today invests Rs 28.6 crore in Mail Today
- Prime Focus to raise Rs 330 cr via preferential warrants to cut debt
- Sony acquires India broadcast rights of T10 Cricket League
Nick Jr. celebrates real superheroes
Nick Jr.’s Dora the Explorer visited The Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai on Sunday to meet the childhood cancer survivors and celebrated the Cancer Survivor’s Day.
Nick Jr., the channel that cares, associated with Ugam, [a voluntary support group involved in a crusade against cancer and a unit of the Indian Cancer Society (ICS)] and brought it’s international icon – Dora the Explorer – to the event. Dora greeted the cancer victors, posed for photographs and brought a smile on the faces of the young heroes. The event also saw dance performances and skits by kids, many of who had overcome the dreaded disease.
To contribute to the cancer survivors:
Ugam, formally launched on 7th June 2009, is a voluntary support group that provides a helping hand to the survivors of childhood cancers. Individuals/ companies interested in contributing to the society can donate towards the care and rehabilitation of cancer survivors. Cheques/ DD should be drawn in the favour of Indian Cancer Society, payable at Mumbai, with a covering letter stating that the donation is for Ugam. For more information, visit:
http://www.ugamcalling.org or http://www.indiancancersociety.org.