- PV Sindhu Enters Quarter-final of Hong Kong Open Super Series
- Padmavati cleared for Dec 1 release in Britain, SC allows advocate to file fresh plea
- Bharti family pledges Rs 7000 crore towards philanthropy
- Indian Navy gets its first woman pilot, 3 women NAI officers
- Colonel arrested for raping Lt- Colonel's daughter in Shimla
- Pradyuman murder case: Ashok was beaten, tortured and sedated to force his confession, claims wife
- Election Commission grants 'two leaves' symbol to unified AIADMK
News Republic wins ‘Winners and Users’ Choice at Tabby Awards
Mumbai: The 56 best tablet apps: The Tabby Awards announces 2015 Winners and Users’ Choice
An international panel of independent judges and app users at large have selected Android and iPad apps and games from 11 countries as Tabby Awards Winners and Users’ Choice. Adobe, Disney, Expedia, Food Network, Ubisoft and Yahoo are among apps publishers who were recognized in this competition.
The Tabby Awards, the only global competition for the best tablet apps and games, has conferred News Republic with ‘Winners and Users’ choice award. News Republic won BOTH the Judges award (hundreds of apps from 16 countries in the running) and the Users choice award for News on Android tablets.
In a first judging round, an international panel of app experts, chaired by Otto Toth, Chief Technology Officer of The Huffington Post, short-listed nominees among over 200 tablet-optimized apps from 16 countries. Then the independent panel selected Tabby Awards winners in a final judging round.
“The competition for this year’s Tabby Awards was fierce,” said Otto Toth. “The best entries were high quality creative apps that utilized the capabilities and advantages of the tablet size, and those which created an entertaining and engaging user experience for all demographics.”
In parallel, worldwide app users were invited to vote at TabbyAwards.com for their preferred apps among nominees. Over 100,000 votes have been registered for the Tabby Awards Users’ Choice.
This double selection process, from both mobile professionals and app users, provides a comprehensive view of the best tablet-optimized apps.