- Rajasthan govt's criminal laws ordinance challenged in HC
- Flipkart in talks with Swiggy, UrbanClap and UrbanLadder for buyouts
- UGC decision may reduce SC/ST, OBC faculty posts
- Supreme Court asks government to consider regulating playing of National Anthem
- Asthana's appointment destroying CBI's independence: Prashant Bhushan
- Bilkis Bano case: SC asks Gujarat to apprise it on departmental action against convicted policemen
NDTV returns with Indian of the Year Awards
MUMBAI: Celebrating the ideas and individuals who inspire us, the NDTV Indian of the Year is back with its 2015 edition. This year it’s not only about felicitating individual achievements but it’s also about saluting ideologies and identities that have made a significant impact in our lives.
This is the ninth edition of the prestigious Indian of the Year award in association with LIC.
One of the biggest and most credible awards in the country, the NDTV Indian of the Year 2016 will recognize the Indians and ideas whose contribution to the country have strengthened the foundation of our society and helped build Brand India. These iconic Indians and their ideologies will be honoured in New Delhi on February 2nd, 2016 at the Taj Palace Hotel.
Over the years, the recipients of these prestigious awards have included Ratan Tata, , Shahrukh Khan, Justice J.S Verma, Anna Hazare, Late Pandit Ravi Shankar, Sachin Tendulkar, heroes of the Mumbai terrorist attacks; the Election Commission of India; the World Cup winning Indian Cricket Team and many more.