- Kerala high court clears CM Pinarayi in Rs 374 crore Lavalin scam case
- Infosys jumps 3% on buzz of Nandan Nilekani's return
- Gorakhpur tragedy: Top UP bureaucrat removed
- Karti Chidambaram appears before the CBI in the corruption case
- Kaifiyat Express derails in Auraiya district of UP, 74 injured
- Bypoll: Voting underway in Panaji and Valpoi Assembly seats
- Dhinakarans effigy burnt in Puducherry
MTV launches Freedom collection on Askmebazaar.com
MUMBAI: Youth entertainment and music channel MTV has collaborated with Askmebazaar.com this Independence Day to launch a Freedom collection to highlight and change the fact that how young women in the country do not have their freedom.
MTV India creative head Keegan Pinto said, “Young ladies do not get to wear a simple thing like a knee-length skirt, a sleeveless top, or a pair of jeans. They have to ‘take permission’ from society. How are we free then? These simple garments aren’t offensive in the least. Simple ‘scandalous garments’ have become symbols of oppression and backward thinking; totally unnecessary taboos.”
Along with the collection, MTV has also launched a series of short films trying to quash backward thinking, ask pertinent questions and redefine a garment.
Askmebazaar.com will be giving out further discounts during the whole ‘freedom month’ that is the whole month of August.
The tagline of the collection is ‘Wearing your Freedom is now stress-free’, thanks to the extra discounts.
“Coincidentally, it goes well with the current campaign of askmebazaar.com which is all about ‘shopping being stress-free’. And when it comes to adding to women power and women freedom, we at MTV just won’t let a chance go by,” added Pinto.