- McDonald’s to shut down 169 outlets in India
- Triple talaq violates rights of Muslim women: SC
- WhatsApp Coloured Text Status Now Rolling Out to Android and iPhone
- Airtel to launch its own Rs 2500 4G smartphone before Diwali
- Sasikala uses 'barricaded corridor' in jail premises as private space, claims former DIG Roopa
- Police verification for passport to go online within a year
- 'Routine run' kills second IMA cadet in 2 days; 5 in hospital
- MLAs supporting TTV Dinakaran meet Governor, demand Palaniswami's removal
MoneyGram to kick off six city tour of the ICC Cricket World Cup trophy
MUMBAI: MoneyGram, a money transfer and payment services company, today launched the ‘ICC Cricket World Cup Trophy Tour’ hosted by MoneyGram in India, providing lakhs of Indians around the country a chance to catch a glimpse of the ICC Cricket World Cup trophy.
The tour will give cricket enthusiasts the opportunity to witness the cricket trophy in their own neighbourhood. From 2-7 December 2014, the trophy will travel around the cities of Mumbai, Hyderabad, Bengaluru, New Delhi Jalandhar and Ahmedabad.
The ICC Cricket World Cup trophy will reach Mumbai, a city that has produced some of the world’s finest cricketers, and will be displayed at Mumbai’s Smaash followed by a consumer display at High Street Phoenix Mall. It will then travel to Hyderabad, visiting the Inorbit Mall to thrill fans in the historic city and conduct an NGO activity there. From Hyderabad, the tour will arrive at its third stop in Bengaluru, India’s technology hub, and be displayed at Mantri Mall. After Bengaluru, the trophy will travel up north to New Delhi’s DLF Place Mall Saket, where India’s leading models, will take part in a fashion show showcasing the teams participating in the World cup 2015 including India the defending champions. The next stop will be in Jalandhar at MBD Neopolis Mall and the final stop will be Alpha One in Ahmedabad.
MoneyGram senior regional director, South Asia Kaushik Roy said, “The ICC World Cup Trophy Tour hosted by MoneyGram is an exciting endeavour to bring people across the nation one step closer to realising the dream of bringing home the cricket World Cup! We are sure cricket fans will love the experience”.
Each venue will provide fans the opportunity to get a glimpse and click a photograph with the ICC Cricket World Cup trophy. Also, fans can win themselves loads of goodies and enjoy the interactions with cricket stars live in action.