- Tata Group To End All Business Dealings With Cyrus Mistry's Family Firms
- GJM supremo discharged in Madan Tamang murder case
- Trinamool Congress leading in municipal polls
- CoA tells Supreme Court: Sack BCCI's top three office-bearers
- Chandigarh: 10-year-old rape survivor denied abortion by Supreme Court gives birth to a girl
- Gujarat police officers Amin and Barot quit
- After controversy, DD denies blacking out Tripura CM, says speech was aired
- Sierra Leone mourns 100 children among dead in massive flooding
Mirchi Murga on Secularism Goes Viral in Social Media
MUMBAI: Radio Mirchi, India’s leading radio station has donned the hat of social messenger under the segment “Mirchi Murga”, where RJ Naved calls up people and plays prank on them. Listeners themselves call up to nominate their friends whom they want to be pranked by RJ Naved.
The latest Mirchi Murga, which went viral on social media, features two people from different faith who posted offensive things about each other’s religion on a famous social medium, Facebook. RJ Naved came across these nasty posts and immediately decided to play a prank; this time in order to teach them a lesson with a social message.
He called them up to inform that they have won cash prizes but in order to redeem the prizes, they have to spell out their last social media update over phone. Both of them failed to spell out their updates, as they felt terribly ashamed of their respective posts. Not only they apologized, but also deleted their distasteful posts immediately and promised never to repeat such act.
Commenting on the same, RJ Naved from Radio Mirchi said, “Mirchi Murga has reached a status where it’s known for something more than just a fun element on radio.The dormant hatred towards religious sentiments showed onto social media networks is one reason we came up with this special episode.”
The audio has gone viral all over social media with millions of shares. With this audio clip, Mirchi RJ Naved surely delivers an impactful lesson in secularism!
Stay tuned to Radio Mirchi, 98.3 FM!