- Delhi: Worker dies after inhaling toxic gases while cleaning sewer inside hospital premises
- Bihar floods: Toll rises to 253, more than a crore people are now homeless
- Key accused in Rs 700-crore Bihar fund transfer scam dies in Bhagalpur hospital
- War won't give China any clear gain, only cause casualties, assesses govt
- Saudi carrier says Qatar has not approved hajj flights
- Three Kashmiri youth arrested for disrespecting National Anthem
- 2008 Malegaon Blast Case: Supreme Court Verdict On Lt Col Purohit's Bail Today
Mirchi edge premiers faridkot;s brand new album
MUMBAI: Radio Mirchi 98.3 FM today announced the launch of Delhi’s much loved band, Faridkot’s 2nd album, Phir Se on their digital platform Mirchi Edge, an online radio station dedicated to home-grown independent music. At this exclusive premier of their brand new album, Fardikot gave a sneak-peek and unplugged versions of the songs, shared their interesting musical journey, their inspiration and much more with the listeners of Mirchi Edge.
Faridkot is a Delhi based band that was formed in 2008 by 5 music aficionados. The 5 members of the band, belonging to different genres of music, came together to form a new genre of music, which they call ‘Confused Pop’. Since their inception, the band has performed at various gigs across the country. In 2011, Fardikot launched their first album ‘Ek’ which was an instant hit. And it was only evident that the band came up with another album to satiate their fans.
Mirchi Edge, officially the music launch pad of their 2nd album, exclusively premiered the songs from the album. As part of the launch, Faridkot broke into a live performance for the listeners. While they spoke about their music inspiration and their music journey, Faridkot also played some of the favorite tracks for the listeners.
Talking about the launch on Mirchi Edge, Raj the lead Vocalist of Fardikot said, “Ever since its official launch last year, Mirchi Edge has been one of the best platforms for home-grown independent artists. We can’t thank Radio Mirchi enough for providing us with this excellent launch pad for our 2nd album. According to us, digital media is the game changer. With Mirchi Edge, we will be able to reach out to wider audiences across the country.”