- Infosys MD & CEO Vishal Sikka resigns, Pravin Rao interim chief
- Rescue Hyderabad minor from Omani sheikh: Maneka Gandhi to Sushma Swaraj
- After SBI, now HDFC Bank and Yes Bank cut interest rate on savings
- Election Commissioner speaks out: 'Winning at all cost, without ethics, is new normal in politics'
- Karti Chidambaram says will appear before CBI on August 23, seeks protection
- USS Fitzgerald captain during collision that killed 7 to lose command
Masterchef awards Paneer Makhani as India’s favourite Veg Dish
MUMBAI: In an all India voting poll initiated by STAR Plus, Paneer Makhani emerged as India’s favourite veg dish among the top 10 popular dishes suggested by MasterChef Judges, Sanjeev Kapoor, Vikas Khanna and Ranveer Brar.
The 10 dishes which included Rajma Chawal, Dum Aloo, Sarson Da Saag, Dal Makhani, Chana Masala etc. were shortlisted by our 3 Judges, Chef Sanjeev Kapoor, Vikas Khanna and Ranveer Brar and the resultant most favourite dish was Paneer Makhani with a whopping 40% votes. Now this winning dish is to be integrated in the on air show as one of the dishes to be made. This All India poll was not just supported by the Masterchef Judges but even the other actors of Star Plus voted for their favourite dish. Chef Sanjeev Kapoor says, “Everyone has a different choice when it comes to food, people, views but nobody has ever taken the initiative to find out what the majority stands with and Star Plus has done just that by taking a step to know India’s favourite Veg dish and surprisingly it is also my favourite dish – Paneer Makhani”.
Vikas Khanna, the Michelin Star Award winner says, “I value vegetarian food more after living in the States and you will be mighty surprised to know that a lot of foreigners as well support vegetarianism…as veg food too has several choices and flavours. I am glad that this not just another research because this initiative will be taken a step forward by the MasterChef kitchen by including the dish in our show”.
Star plus is championing the growing food culture through Masterchef and this is a one of its kind initiative to bring to limelight the fandom behind veg food like Paneer Makhani.