- Delhi: Worker dies after inhaling toxic gases while cleaning sewer inside hospital premises
- Bihar floods: Toll rises to 253, more than a crore people are now homeless
- Key accused in Rs 700-crore Bihar fund transfer scam dies in Bhagalpur hospital
- War won't give China any clear gain, only cause casualties, assesses govt
- Saudi carrier says Qatar has not approved hajj flights
- Three Kashmiri youth arrested for disrespecting National Anthem
- 2008 Malegaon Blast Case: Supreme Court Verdict On Lt Col Purohit's Bail Today
Madhuri Dixit on working with Naseeruddin Shah in the film ‘Dedh Ishqiya’
MAX, the premium Hindi movies and special events channel brings you the World Television premiere of the Indian comedy thriller, ‘Dedh Ishqiya,’ at 1 pm and 8pm on Sunday, 14thSeptember.
A sequel to the 2010 film Ishqiya, this zany black comedy thriller directed by Abhishek Chaubey brings together a strong cast comprising of Madhuri Dixit, Arshad Warsi, Naseeruddin Shah, and Huma Qureshi in lead roles. The film which encompasses good camerawork, crisp editing, strong dialogues, terrific Urdu wordplay and crackling humour is guaranteed to keep viewers glued to their television sets over the weekend.
The plot is about the irrepressible con men duo of Khalujan (Naseeruddin Shah) and his nephew Babban (Arshad Warsi),who get separated due to a jewellery theft and find themselves in Mehmudabad. In this town, Khalujan dons the role of a Urdu poet to win the heart of the nawab’s widow Begum Para (Madhuri Dixit) who is organizing a mushaira to choose her new husband. Tune in to watch how the story unfolds to reveal a kidnapping plot, a love triangle and a violent shootout.
Commenting on the mature romance that defines the film, veteran actorNaseeruddin Shah, says, “The film is a modern take on a Muslim social. It depicts a man falling in love with a completely desirable and unattainable lady and the process he goes through. What the lady is going through is not quite clear. That’s what adds mystery and enigma to her character in the film.”
Talking about working alongside Naseerudin Shah, leading Bollywood actress, Madhuri Dixit, says, “For me it was an opportunity to work with him and I am so honoured to have done that. The first film that I saw of Naseerji was ‘Masoom’. I have been a big fan of his acting. I think he is a brilliant actor.”
Get mesmerized with Urdu poetry, by catching the world television premiere of ‘Dedh Ishqiya’ at 1pm and 8pm on Sunday, 14th September only on Sony MAX