- Nokia, IIT-Delhi to Use AI to Make Networks More Reliable
- Bitcoin triggers ponzi fear: Government in a huddle, plans crackdown
- Minister Faces Angry Passengers On Delayed Flight. Air India Suspends 3
- SC allows Vodafone to initiate second arbitration over $2 bn tax demand
- INS Kalvari submarine affirms Make in India's giant strides: MDL
- Over 600 fishermen of TN, Kerala still missing after cyclone
- Dalit woman rape case: Kerala court awards death sentence to labourer
Kashmiri folk singer Neerja Pandit reminiscences the beauty of Kashmir
Mumbai: Kashmir, a paradise on earth has spellbound its visitors for ages and it is obvious that its inhabitants have always shared a special bond with their land. But it is unfortunate that one of the most beautiful places in the world once known as the ‘heaven on earth’ has been in dispute and wounded by terrorism. Neerja Pandit, a renowned Kashmiri folk singer who hails from Kashmir pays a special tribute to her birth place through a song aptly titled ‘Kashmir’. The singer hopes for peace to prevail in the valley and regain its lost splendour.
Neerja’s latest single ‘Kashmir’ is not just a song but a lost soul of a Kashmiri, who in her resilience wants to come back to her heaven. Not amidst guns and bloodshed but surrounded by nature and its beauty. With the peace and harmony interrupted with the advent of terrorism, its denizens were scattered around. Millions of lives were affected and Neerja, was one such young girl when she left the valley. On her return after 2 decades, she was a woman who had come back to collect the lost pieces of memories from the debris that she once called life.
Neerja has collaborated with her son Raj Pandit who is the music producer of this soulful song. The song is an original folk composition which has a very contemporary sound to reach and connect with the young generation. The song also features the talented actor Anupam Kher versing the beauty of Kashmir and a new lease of hope.
This song celebrates the music of Kashmir, away from the echoes of violence with the hope… “Phir Likhi Jaayegi Ek Nayi Kalam Se… Kashmir Ki Taqdeer.”
The song is currently available on Artist Aloud, Hungama, iTunes India and iTunes International.
Watch the video on http://www.artistaloud.com/videos