- Infosys MD & CEO Vishal Sikka resigns, Pravin Rao interim chief
- Rescue Hyderabad minor from Omani sheikh: Maneka Gandhi to Sushma Swaraj
- After SBI, now HDFC Bank and Yes Bank cut interest rate on savings
- Election Commissioner speaks out: 'Winning at all cost, without ethics, is new normal in politics'
- Karti Chidambaram says will appear before CBI on August 23, seeks protection
- USS Fitzgerald captain during collision that killed 7 to lose command
“Jo dar gaya woh mandir gaya,”says the naïve PK in the lovabale film that premieres on Sony MAX
MUMBAI: MAX, the premium Hindi movies and special events channel brings viewers an intensely provocative, satirical science fiction comedy with its television premiere of ‘PK’ on Sunday, 26th July at 1 pm and on Sunday, 2nd August at 1pm.
Raj Kumar Hirani’s directorial venture “PK” is a comedy of ideas featuring Aamir Khan, Anushka Sharma, Sanjay Dutt and Sushant Singh Rajput in lead roles with Ranbir Kapoor making a cameo appearance. The movie revolves around PK (Aamir Khan), an alien from a distant galaxy who lands up on planet earth. He tries to satiate his child- like curiosity and ends up dispelling myths about religious beliefs and dogmas of society with the help of journalist Jaggu Sahni a.k.a. Jagat Janani (Anushka Sharma).
Commenting on the genre of the movie ‘PK’, Aamir Khan said, “The genre is very much Raju Hirani’s genre, that of Drama, because he always has something important to say. All his films are essentially dramas, but the vehicle he uses each time is that of humor. The same is the case with PK.”
Commenting on showcasing the film on the channel, Neeraj Vyas, Sr. EVP & Business Head, MAX and MAX2, stated, “A film like PK appeals to the masses as it is a satirical take on life presented in a humorous manner. Having a versatile and seasoned actor like Aamir Khan further makes the movie a must watch. We continuously endeavour to win our audiences over through the showcase of blockbuster films which are high on the entertainment quotient.”
Catch the science fiction comedy film premiering only on MAX on Sunday, July 26th at 1pm with a repeat telecast on Sunday, August 2nd at 1pm