- Strong 6.9 magnitude earthquake hits Tibet near India-China border
- Navy Says Genitalia Air Display 'Absolutely Unacceptable'
- Moody's Withdraws RCom's Corporate Family Rating On 'Default'
- Sushil Kumar strolls to national gold with three walkovers
- Madras High Court confirms two-year jail term of Natarajan in 1994 car import case
IPTL to add two more cities next year
MUMBAI: The International Premier tennis League (IPTL) will add two more cities next year.
Mahesh Bhupathi who is promoting the league spoke to journalists in Singapore and said, “We’re definitely going to add two cities next year. We have a lot of interest now, we have about four cities ready to sign on the dotted line by the end of next month.
“We unfortunately can’t do all four, just for the sustainability of slow and steady growth, so we’ll take two and we’ll announce them probably when we announce our players in the week of February 14.
“In Manila last week, they haven’t seen world-class tennis ever and it was very heartening to see the fans receive the players. They were treated like The Beatles, especially Maria and Andy.”