- McDonald’s to shut down 169 outlets in India
- Triple talaq violates rights of Muslim women: SC
- WhatsApp Coloured Text Status Now Rolling Out to Android and iPhone
- Airtel to launch its own Rs 2500 4G smartphone before Diwali
- Sasikala uses 'barricaded corridor' in jail premises as private space, claims former DIG Roopa
- Police verification for passport to go online within a year
- 'Routine run' kills second IMA cadet in 2 days; 5 in hospital
- MLAs supporting TTV Dinakaran meet Governor, demand Palaniswami's removal
Industry honors Hathway Jagdish Kumar bags Outstanding CEO of the Year (MSO)
MUMBAI: Jagdish Kumar, Managing Director and CEO of Hathway Cable & Datacom Ltd, was awarded the “Most Outstanding CEO of the Year (MSO)” at the 6th edition of BCS Ratna Awards 2015 organized by Aavishkar media group on 19th March 2015 at the picturesque Kingdom of Dreams in Gurgaon, amidst a gathering of eminent personalities from the cable, satellite and broadcasting industry
Mr. Kumar was recognized for leading Hathway through the critical digitization phase of the cable TV industry by successfully implementing Phase-1 & 2 of digitization, building a robust broadband business and pushing the envelope by rolling-out the packaging model which is the next reality of the digital cable TV industry. Under his leadership, Hathway has attained leadership position in the digital cable TV market, gearing up for Phase-3 & 4 of digitization and steering the company’s strong business portfolio including HD and Broadband towards profitability.
Hathway was also conferred with the “Best MSO of the Year” and the “Most Outstanding MSO Broadband Service Provider” for its efforts in taking the digitization mandate forward aggressively and offering broadband services with unique features to its customer base, respectively.
On this recognition by the industry, Jagdish Kumar stated, “This award is for the excellent team at Hathway which is one of the best in the industry. It’s a privilege and honor for me to lead this dedicated team which has made Hathway, the leading digital cable and broadband services company in the country.”
Instituted in the year 2010 and organized annually by Aavishkar Media Group, one of the forerunner groups in the Indian Broadcasting & CATV Industry since 25 years, BCS Ratna awards is one of India’s Biggest Awards on Broadcasting, Cable TV, DTH, New Technology, Distribution & Digital Media Industry and is judged by an esteemed panel of experts from across the media fraternity.