- '84 riots: SC forms body to examine SIT decision to close 199 cases
- China Uses Chequebook Diplomacy To Sideline India In Nepal
- NDRF rescues 28000, including 6 pregnant women, from floods
- Rahul Gandhi launches Indira Canteen project in Bengaluru
- Just by fulfilling its commitment to SC, Trai can bring down mobile call rates by half
- Google to Pay Apple $3 Billion to Remain Default iOS Device Search Engine
- Daniel Craig confirmed as 007 in upcoming James Bond film Bond 25
ID associates with India’s first ‘Crime Writers Festival’
MUMBAI: Discovery Networks’ crime and investigation based Hindi channel ID –Investigation Discovery has associated as the powered by sponsor of India’s first ‘Crime Writers Festival’ organised by the Crime Writers Forum of South Asia.
The festival has been organised and produced by Siyahi, and will be held on 17 and 18 January in New Delhi.
The fest will offer two days of soaking in the world of crime, suspense and thrills with sessions on plot styles, films and characters. The festival will bring together crime writers and filmmakers from across India and around the world for sessions on all aspects of crime writing.
Discovery Networks Asia Pacific EVP and GM South Asia and Southeast Asia Rahul Johri said, “ID is the only channel in India that presents true investigation and crime stories. The Crime Writers Festival is an ideal platform to reiterate ID’s on-air promise of presenting thrilling investigative programming and varied narratives.”
Some of the personalities participating in the sessions are authors Ashwin Sanghi, S.Hussain Zaidi, Jerry Pinto and Surender Mohan Pathak, film-maker Dibakar Banerjee and Norwegian crime writer Nils Nordberg amongst others.
Amongst the sessions for the two day fest are ‘The Other Side Of Midnight: Sexualisation of Violence’, ‘Byomkesh Bakshi And The Bangla Bloodhound’, ‘The Good, The Bad And The Ugly: Analyzing Indian Detective Fiction’ and more.