- Infosys MD & CEO Vishal Sikka resigns, Pravin Rao interim chief
- Rescue Hyderabad minor from Omani sheikh: Maneka Gandhi to Sushma Swaraj
- After SBI, now HDFC Bank and Yes Bank cut interest rate on savings
- Election Commissioner speaks out: 'Winning at all cost, without ethics, is new normal in politics'
- Karti Chidambaram says will appear before CBI on August 23, seeks protection
- USS Fitzgerald captain during collision that killed 7 to lose command
IBN7’s Investigation Exposes the Growing Drug Menace Amongst the Youth in Punjab
New Delhi: Maut ki Mandi, a special investigation by IBN7, has uncovered the underbelly of the drug-infested menace in Punjab.
IBN7’s undercover team investigated in more than ten districts of Punjab for over two months, including Jalandhar, Amritsar, Ludhiana, Taran Taaran and Firozpur. The team captured the dealers with heroin, smack, doda (poppy husk) etc. with the drug mafias selling 1 gram heroin for Rs. 3500 and 1 gram of smack for Rs. 2300. Not just the drug lords, the team also spoke with some youngsters who are finding it hard to let go of the addiction.
From a girl in Jalandhar, caught-on-camera taking drugs but still wanting to warn others of the perils of this life to a mother praying for an end to her drug-addicted son’s sufferings, the channel will lay bare the horrific stories of the addicts and their families. The team also met a former weightlifter who tells the story of his struggle with drugs for the last five years. The IBN7 team also caught up with a few drug peddlers who have been arrested in the past. These peddlers revealed that most of the drugs being smuggled in to the state are coming from across the border.
Committed to pursuing and uncovering stories that directly impact people, this operation by IBN7 is an attempt by the channel to raise awareness about the drug menace. The channel, in the past, has also done many exposes bringing various issues to the knowledge of the concerned ministries & departments and compelling them to act on the same.