- JD(U) under Nitish decides to become part of NDA, denies split in party
- Customs arrests Air India cabin crew for smuggling ganja
- Government, RBI in talks to shore up PSU bank capital
- Bihar flood toll mounts to 153, 17 districts affected
- IndiGo cancels 84 flights over engine issues
- Trai gets tough on call drops; slaps penalty of upto Rs 10 lakh
- Yogi Adityanath targets 'Yuvraj' Rahul Gandhi: 'Will not permit Gorakhpur to become picnic spot'
- Shivraj to lead BJP in 2018 election: Amit Shah
Hinduja Media Group conferred with key awards at ‘8th BCS Ratna Awards’
MUMBAI: Mr. Ashok Mansukhani, the National Business Head of Hinduja Media Group was given the Lifetime Achievement Award in the media industry (individual category) at ‘8th BCS Ratna Awards’ held on Wednesday, May 10, 2017. Hinduja Media Group was also awarded the Best MSO to start Prepaid services: IMCL (In Distribution Platform /MSO category) by the Chief Guest, Shri Narendra Singh Tomar, Minister of Rural Development, Minister of Panchayati Raj and Minister of Drinking Water and Sanitation.
On receiving the Lifetime Achievement Award, Mr. Ashok Mansukhani said, “Our Nxtdgital HITS platform is a unique platform, which is catering to over 700 cities and over 900 micro head ends [COPES) and doing a yeoman service for the Rural India. The Rural and Semi urban India distribution is over 80% in this platform already, as we move we will continue to digitalis the rural cable industry and in this digital satellite cable platform the LCOs become their own owners and continue their entrepreneurship unlike in a classical MSO platform.”
On behalf of the entire Broadcasting & CATV community, Hinduja Media Group and Mr. Ashok Mansukhani were conferred with these awards by the recommendation of the Advisory committee and final selection by the Jury Members from the nominations received.