- India-focused OTT production entity Golden Karavan launched
- Woman alleges gang rape by two men in SUV
- Film producer Karim Morani surrenders in rape case
- Ryan school murder case: CBI team reaches school, starts probe
- Karti closed many foreign accounts, shifted money: CBI
- Pakistan shells border posts, hamlets in J&K; BSF jawans among 7 injured
- Sushma Swaraj raises issue of terrorism, H1-B with US Secretary of State
Hero Indian Super League scores on digital
MUMBAI: Star Sports has announced that the Hero Indian Super League (ISL) which kicked off at the Salt Lake Stadium in Kolkata on 12 October made a strong start online on starsports.com and generated buzz on social media platforms. starsports.com recorded 800,000 visits each for the first two days of the tournament which is 80 per cent of the average Pepsi IPL viewership on the same platform.
Within 24 hours of the grand kick off, the league dominated Twitter trends in India with a perfect score of 10 out 10 topics on web and 15 out of 17 topics on mobile as the country reveled in birth of a footballing nation. On Facebook the league trended at number 1 in India with #IndianSuperLeague. The Hero Indian Super League has had over 2 billion potential impressions worldwide across social media since the campaign launch till date.
Moreover, within a single day of its launch on Sunday, the league has generated over 140,000 global conversations across social media platforms and currently boasts 875,000+ fans on Facebook. ISL was the flavor of the night as hashtags like #LetsFootball, #AKTMUM and #IndianSuperLeague topped the Twitter charts on the inaugural day. The passion of Indian football fans was clearly visible as the league also became the most spoken and discussed topic on Facebook India.