- Delhi govt to launch campaign to control rising number of cases of dengue, malaria
- Jio woes: Airtel Q1 net profit tanks 75% to Rs 367 cr
- Sahara case: Supreme Court asks Subrata Roy to deposit Rs 1500 crore by September 7
- RBI stops printing Rs 2000 notes; Rs 200 note may hit market next month
- Jethmalani quits as Kejriwal's counsel, seeks Rs 2 crore fee
- Crackdown On Kashmiri Separatist Widens, Shabir Shah Also Arrested
- Mumbai building collapse: 17 killed; Shiv Sena leader, who wanted to make hotel on ground floor, arrested
- Floods wreak havoc in Gujarat, Rajasthan; Narendra Modi inspects home state as Assam recovers
“GANGA”- News18 India’s special show on the current state of River Ganga
MUMBAI: India’s $3 billion plan to clean the holy Ganges river is lagging far behind the project schedule. Keeping this in mind, NGT has come up with a new directive for accelerating the cleaning of the river. The tribunal has decided to impose a Rs 50,000 fine on anyone found dumping waste within 500 meters from the bank of River Ganges between Haridwar and Unnao. NGT has also directed the concerned authorities to complete various ongoing projects within two years as they feel that not a single drop of the river Ganga has been cleaned so far. To apprise the viewers of all the developments, News18 India brings to you a special show highlighting the government’s ambitious plan- Namami Gange that got launched three years ago for a clean and pollution free Ganga.
The channel will not only showcase the efforts and activities undertaken by the government to rejuvenate Ganges but also evaluate the current state of affairs. The show will also bring out the differences between the Namami Gange program and a new plan that a foundation has proposed to the PMO for cleaning the River Ganga.
Watch this special show Tomorrow at 7 PM on News18 India