- India-focused OTT production entity Golden Karavan launched
- Woman alleges gang rape by two men in SUV
- Film producer Karim Morani surrenders in rape case
- Ryan school murder case: CBI team reaches school, starts probe
- Karti closed many foreign accounts, shifted money: CBI
- Pakistan shells border posts, hamlets in J&K; BSF jawans among 7 injured
- Sushma Swaraj raises issue of terrorism, H1-B with US Secretary of State
“GANGA”- News18 India’s special show on the current state of River Ganga
MUMBAI: India’s $3 billion plan to clean the holy Ganges river is lagging far behind the project schedule. Keeping this in mind, NGT has come up with a new directive for accelerating the cleaning of the river. The tribunal has decided to impose a Rs 50,000 fine on anyone found dumping waste within 500 meters from the bank of River Ganges between Haridwar and Unnao. NGT has also directed the concerned authorities to complete various ongoing projects within two years as they feel that not a single drop of the river Ganga has been cleaned so far. To apprise the viewers of all the developments, News18 India brings to you a special show highlighting the government’s ambitious plan- Namami Gange that got launched three years ago for a clean and pollution free Ganga.
The channel will not only showcase the efforts and activities undertaken by the government to rejuvenate Ganges but also evaluate the current state of affairs. The show will also bring out the differences between the Namami Gange program and a new plan that a foundation has proposed to the PMO for cleaning the River Ganga.
Watch this special show Tomorrow at 7 PM on News18 India